Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Championship

Tue 26 Dec, 15:00

KCOM Stadium, Kingston upon Hull

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=1024&bih=729&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=uk&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x4878bfd03a03468b:0xd2467c775d6becff&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Away fans guide:

https://footballtripper.com/kc-stadium-hull-city-afc/

Well, the games are coming thick and fast now, and next up we have the shortish trip to the Tigers of Hull.  They’ve recently sacked the Slut and now have Nigel Atkins in charge.  Well his recent appointments have been quite disappointing, but he does have experience of getting promoted from this league.

Hull form:

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hull-city/

Derby’s amazeballs form:

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/derby-county/

So, with my help, Derby's won 4 on the bounce. Surely we can’t make it 5 and win yet another consecutive away game also? Will the annual bottle fest arrive as per normal? Some how I think this squad has a little too much experience in it now to allow standards to drop. But we’ll see I guess.

Its @David‘s nearest game of the league season, so say hello to him from me. To those who are going, well done and keep up the great support.  I wonder if they’ll have the disco lights on pre match like they did for the playoff semis that time?  It’s not a bad stadium, holds about 26k but I don’t think they’ll be anywhere near that on Tuesday some how.

Betting:

https://sports.paddypower.mobi/#sport/49/competition/13492/event/13279296

Weather looks ok, dry and bright +5deg.

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Hull&dateFor=26/12/2017&locationID=57273&lat=53.7&lon=-0.3

I think the Tigers will be a bit cagey, but if we can roar on the lads we may have to much bite up front for them. If I said I was supremely confident I’d be lion, but we know what to do now in away games.

Anyway, what’s the word on d’street?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I think a couple of changes to freshen things up. Not too many may be Russell in for Weimann and Martin in for Nugent. Tough one, but last time we kept playing the same team we messed up. Thorne may feature somewhere too.

It is very difficult to drop anyone so I would call it resting players.

Russell needs to up his game in my opinion, at times on sat he was on his heals not anticipating possible balls into the box. Dont get me wrong, he’s been a great impact sub, but that’s my observation from sat. I don’t get many observations really tbh.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Russell needs to up his game in my opinion, at times on sat he was on his heals not anticipating possible balls into the box. Dont get me wrong, he’s been a great impact sub, but that’s my observation from sat. I don’t get many observations really tbh.

He isn't my favourite I was just looking at areas we can make changes that won't effect the balance.  I think I'll leave it to Gary to decide then just moan if it goes wrong.

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

He isn't my favourite I was just looking at areas we can make changes that won't effect the balance.  I think I'll leave it to Gary to decide then just moan if it goes wrong.

Oh sorry ? I just had a flash back when I saw your post, that’s all.

Just got off the phone with Gary, and this the team facing Hull on Tuesday,

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh       Davis      Olsen

Thorne   Ledley

Lawrence     Vydra      Johnson

Nugent

Tough to change a team that's won four in a row without conceding a goal. I'd keep the same back five, especially given Baird has made himself extremely useful with his set piece deliveries while Olsson hasn't even made the bench. 

Because it's Hull, big Tom will start alongside Ledley. 

But up front I think Russell will come in for Weimann but that's all. Hope we have the legs. Rowett makes his subs too late in games. Fifteen minutes earlier this time please, to ensure we don't have that second-half lull, with George Thorne getting a half-hour runout at the very least. 

Come on you Rams! 

And it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas so I'll sign off. Some fat bloke seems to have got stuck halfway up the chimney... 

Merry Chrimbo one and all. 

Well if the fat bloke is Andy Reid, just put a pie on the edge of your chimney pot and he’ll unstick himself in no time, he’ll be up there like a rat up a drainpipe.

I’m quite optimistic about this game, it’s getting to the point where a defeat would actually come as a bit of a shock. Without being blasé I have almost total confidence in the defence. If we keep a clean sheet up there I think Rowett might end up on next year’s Christmas card list.

For me, Rowett simply has to rotate otherwise we will risk injuries in this very busy period. They have already shown signs of fatigue in recent weeks and the games after we have shown fatigue in, we have tended to lose in like Ipswich and Reading. I can understand why people want to keep a winning team but I think it's naive in this period to expect the same players to be able to play when many are close to or in their 30s. It's not as if the players coming in are rubbish, many have been playing at a high level in the championship for years.

I'd play this team:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh. Davies  Olsson

Thorne   Ledley

Russell       Martin     Lawrence    

Winnall

I think it's absolutely vital to get Olsson, Thorne, Russell and Martin playing in this game because all were part of the team who played Hull a few seasons ago and will want revenge for what happened in the play offs or in thorne's case, being unable to play. Don't underestimate the psychological factor as they will be well up for this game. It also ensures that the players who have been playing recently do not get complacent and fresh legs against a Hull team who are down on confidence will be imperative. The other players can rest up for the game against ipswich. We have a big squad unlike our promotion rivals so we should use it so everyone will be fit come the end of the season

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

For me, Rowett simply has to rotate otherwise we will risk injuries in this very busy period. They have already shown signs of fatigue in recent weeks and the games after we have shown fatigue in, we have tended to lose in like Ipswich and Reading. I can understand why people want to keep a winning team but I think it's naive in this period to expect the same players to be able to play when many are close to or in their 30s. It's not as if the players coming in are rubbish, many have been playing at a high level in the championship for years.

I'd play this team:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh. Davies  Olsson

Thorne   Ledley

Russell       Martin     Lawrence    

Winnall

I think it's absolutely vital to get Olsson, Thorne, Russell and Martin playing in this game because all were part of the team who played Hull a few seasons ago and will want revenge for what happened in the play offs or in thorne's case, being unable to play. Don't underestimate the psychological factor as they will be well up for this game. It also ensures that the players who have been playing recently do not get complacent and fresh legs against a Hull team who are down on confidence will be imperative. The other players can rest up for the game against ipswich. We have a big squad unlike our promotion rivals so we should use it so everyone will be fit come the end of the season

This is only Saturday then a Tuesday though, that’s pretty standard in this league. It doesn’t warrant 7 changes. That’s how you get beat. 

55 minutes ago, Srg said:

This is only Saturday then a Tuesday though, that’s pretty standard in this league. It doesn’t warrant 7 changes. That’s how you get beat. 

We've got another game on Saturday then another on Monday and ideally, we want our best players available for both games and fully fit. The game against Hull is the best time to rotate.

On 24/12/2017 at 09:32, Boycie said:

I think the Tigers will be a bit cagey, but if we can roar on the lads we may have to much bite up front for them. If I said I was supremely confident I’d be lion, but we know what to do now in away games.

Anyway, what’s the word on d’street?

I think they may be tigers of a different stripe under Atkins.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Tempted to try and make the drive, but I'm not sure I can justify driving to Hull on the last day of our trip to my wife. Back across the pond on Wednesday.

You mean you've not taken your wife to the current City of Culture?

She'll never forgive you if you don't, surely? 

Archived