Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

No changes again.... Expect some injuries within the next week. It may not cost us today but it will within the next few games. The likes of Winnall, Martin, Russell and Thorne must be livid and their confidence must be rock bottom as they hardly get a chance to start

And you win the prize for first moan about the starting line up

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No changes again.... Expect some injuries within the next week. It may not cost us today but it will within the next few games. The likes of Winnall, Martin, Russell and Thorne must be livid and their confidence must be rock bottom as they hardly get a chance to start

I can see why Rowett sits in a dugout whilst you sit in your bedroom :lol:

COYR!!

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I doubt it. I bet they are wondering how they are going to get into this team. I think the subs will play their part today. It is difficult to drop any player who is 100% fit giving 100% and winning games. 

I bet any of the starting 11 would be livid if they were dropped.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Almost sounds as though you wouldn't mind seeing us lose or sustain a couple of injuries just to support your point of view.

From their brief appearances in recent games I would say the confidence of Thorne, Winnall and Martin is a long way from being rock bottom.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

First rule in football never change a winning team .If the first lot doe's their stuff early doors you can rest them then ,if they don't you can swap em out because they haven't .Easy this football manager lark.

I like Rowett must he is being very naive to expect the likes of Baird, Huddlestone, Forsyth and Johnson to be able to play games in quick succession and be able to perform to an effective standard. It cost us against reading and ipswich and it will cost us some point this week, whether with results or injuries. We have 4 games in just over a week. If he doesn't rotate now then he never will. If I was the likes of Thorne and Martin especially, I'd be getting onto my agent to call for a transfer as they will never get a chance here to start regularly and both are good enough to start regularly for any top 6 side in this league.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We'll be lucky if one if our players doesn't collapse with fatigue after having to play Saturday AND tuesday!

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Or they'll understand that the starting 11 is coming off two good wins. There will come a point to rotate a little but you have to balance that with rewarding players for good performances and potential disruption to the side. Rowett may have got it wrong today, he may have got it right. He sees them day in, day out so you have to trust him a little bit that he knows when and where to make changes.

Let's wait and see eh ? 

Archived