Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he does really well for them and scores loads, whilst helping them beat the rest of the top 6.

I hope they then lose the rest of their games and still get relegated so Nigel doesn't have to worry about being in a league they have no right to be in (according to himself). :ph34r:

Good move this, bent should certainly get the games he deserves and I should think it clears some of his not insignificant wages off the wage bill. Great player for us the last couple of years when called upon, but our striking options are better than they were last year so I think we all knew his days were numbered. Best of luck to the guy tho, for free he’s been a pretty good signing.

Is this going to allow some signings to be made?  I know we probably wanted him off the wage bill anyway (or at least redcucing the outlay a little) but i'm getting so bored with no transfer activity coming in (or that many decent rumours).  I don't actually care that we probably don't need to sign anybody particularly (though, if pushed there are one or two positions that could be strengthened) I just like to see new players coming in.   Makes it all a bit more interesting.

Nigel Clough on Darren Bent:

"When you get the opportunity to sign a player who has gone for nearly £60 million in transfer fees over the course of his career, with an excellent goal-scoring record and all the experience he has, then you know it will be a valuable addition."

Thanks Darren, hope you score the goals to keep Burton up, it would be one hell. Of a season, if Burton could stay up 2 years on the bounce, with there wage bill, and being the smallest club in this division and the one below, 4000 average crowds, there chairman, and management team have done a great job at Burton.

Archived