Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine Burton are not paying a huge amount of his wages, but it'll save a few pennies and be one less non playing squad member in the building.

Exactly. Get the impression with this and Shack etc, its more about clearing room to spend more training time on those who will get on the pitch (whether it's now or in the future)

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

I’ll take any name you raise and call on Mickel Beck!!

Any money paid to him has to be the most expensive drivel EVER!

I'll see your Mikkel Beck and raise you a Bjorn Otto Bragstad :-

Signed for 3 million Euro in July 2000 on the back of some decent performances 
for Norway at Euro 2000. Left on a Free Transfer in January 2003 after just 12
appearances. Not since the days of Mick Coop have I seen a defender so inept.

Mikkel Beck cost £630k from Middlesborough in July 1999, and left for £315k a year
later in July 2000 (source Transfermarkt) having scored 2 goals in 18 Premier League
appearances, so at least he wasn't a complete write-off.

43 minutes ago, LauraH said:

I don't know if its a false memory of a terrible player but i seem to clearly recall Claude Davies missing almost every clearance, like completely missing the ball and kicking air, or when he did manage to connect with the ball it would go straight up into the air... Surely he wasn't as bad as that, was he?

Anyway back on topic, i like DB and hope he does well as i like Burton too and would be a shame for them to go down.

Yes he was as bad as that The only player I've seen with a fifty pence head The ball would literally go anywhere when he headed it How he ever got to be a Pro footballer I will never know 

From the other side of the fence.

He won't read it and he wouldn't give a rats arse if he did.... but absolute fair play to Gary Rowett (and extends to Mel) for helping getting this one over the line for Burton (as well as for you boys).

I can't think for one minute we'd have got hold of a player with Bent's pedigree if it wasn't for the support of GR in making it happen.

Financially we'll be contributing peanuts and it really is very nice to see that the clubs two managers have such a high regard for each other.

Seriously and not tongue in cheek at all, thanks for helping us out. It might hurt me to say this at the end of the season so I'll get it out of the way now, DCFC and in particular GR and MM have just gone a long way to repairing the damage done to the relationship previously.

Thanks a lot, you might have just played a huge part in helping to keep us in the division for another season!

Archived