Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I still can't forgive him his efforts and attitude whilst here....as inadequate as the rest were he was truly pathetic, didn't bother trying and didn't give two hoots about it.

Yeah.... and that “OG” against Leicester in the cup was practised I’m certain.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

The one year extension on his contract must be the worst spent money in DCFC history ? Anyone top that ??

I think thats why Mel turned on Sam 

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We really have had some expensive drivel over the years haven’t we. 

I’ll take your Claude Davis and raise you a Kenny Miller

I’ll take any name you raise and call on Mickel Beck!!

Any money paid to him has to be the most expensive drivel EVER!

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, pretty sure Bent got his contract extension through hitting targets that were in his contract.  At the time we were under a different leadership and he was the focal point of the attack for much of the time and he was getting goals, the change in direction by the club was surely as much to blame as whoever penned the contract.

I also believe that whilst he was out injured we have a policy in place to pay his wages but I’m sure I’ll be corrected on that one.  I wonder if we are going to blame signing over 30s on Rush for the seeable future, Ledley and Jerome for example - will they be a waste of money if they sit on the bench or are injured for long periods at a time ?

18 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Nixon saying should be done to Burton today. Probably bull **** from Nixon or he'  picked up on someone else's story , but seems the likely option.

Burton have sold Matty Palmer, and are loaning out Lund and Warnock to Bradford so I think Benty will be moving there today or tomorrow 

28 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

At least Kenny Miller did that goal against Newcastle. That alone was more entertaining than anything Claude Davis ever did in a Derby shirt.

Have to confess that KM was probably my least favourite Ram ever! 

Thought when he arrived that he was gonna offer far more than he actually did. 

As for CD there’s no argument here TBH

52 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

At least Kenny Miller did that goal against Newcastle. That alone was more entertaining than anything Claude Davis ever did in a Derby shirt.

I dont know i enjoyed his impression of a seal heading the ball straight up

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great news for bent and Burton....I'm sure with his goal scoring ability their chances of staying up have been massively increased....surely the only ex England player to play for Albion?

Kevin Hector

Ian Storey-Moore

Nigel Clough

Andy Sinton

Stephen Warnock................

I don't know if its a false memory of a terrible player but i seem to clearly recall Claude Davies missing almost every clearance, like completely missing the ball and kicking air, or when he did manage to connect with the ball it would go straight up into the air... Surely he wasn't as bad as that, was he?

Anyway back on topic, i like DB and hope he does well as i like Burton too and would be a shame for them to go down.

Archived