Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Surprised people want to leave Ledley out for this, exactly the type of team I'd want him out there. Before we can play football we need to stand up to the "physicality" Millwall will no doubt show. Or they will just kick us off the park as usual.

Ledley is glue ... Does so much of the simple stuff. Not flashy just 100% competant. He'd always be a starter for me. 

This is a perfect chance for Thorne to come in, possibly give Wisdom a game too (over the amazing Bairdinho). 

Millwall are one of the least attacking threat sides we’ve faced but one of the most defensively resilient. So although there’s a serious selection headache at the wing positions for Rowett here - how do you keep Johnson (dominant/goal scorer) and even Russell (goals) out? - but you need to go with your attacking creators v that defence - Lawrence Weimann backed by GT are who I think he ultimately picks - aware of milwalls stinginess and lack of goals.  And I’d bet that Johnson v Lawrence is in his mind one of his hardest selection choices he’s had to make this season - but the opponent will determine it.

Up front it’s Vydra and Nugent but You have to think Winnall will play a role Saturday.

Just now, Ninos said:

This is a perfect chance for Thorne to come in, possibly give Wisdom a game too (over the amazing Bairdinho). 

Millwall are one of the least attacking threat sides we’ve faced but one of the most defensively resilient. So although there’s a serious selection headache at the wing positions for Rowett here - how do you keep Johnson (dominant/goal scorer) and even Russell (goals) out? - but you need to go with your attacking creators v that defence - Lawrence Weimann backed by GT are who I think he ultimately picks - aware of milwalls stinginess and lack of goals.  And I’d bet that Johnson v Lawrence is in his mind one of his hardest selection choices he’s had to make this season - but the opponent will determine it.

Up front it’s Vydra and Nugent but You have to think Winnall will play a role Saturday.

You still think nugent is the right pick if Millwall come to sit deep?

It tough enough to pick the bench let alone the starting 11.  If we start with the team that beat Villa the bench could be Mitchell, Wisdom, Thorne, Lawrence, Russell, Martin and say Winnall.  That still leaves Bent, Pearce, Ollson, all the kids, Shackell and Anya.  Great problem to have but it does show how much we need to trim down the squad, otherwise the likes of Luke Thomas, Mason won’t ever get a look in.

Carson
Baird  Keogh Davies Forsyth
          Thorne Ledley
Weimann   Vydra    Johnson
                Martin

Mitchell, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Russell, Lawrence, Nugent, Winnall

I think we'll need quite a physically strong side for this one. I'd also go for Martin and Thorne because I think they are going to play for a draw, and they are both players who can use the ball well and unlock a defence.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Millwall’s James Meredith has a point to prove when he returns to Pride Park this weekend – a decade after Derby showed him the door: https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-defender-i-have-a-point-to-prove-against-derby-county-i-definitely-could-have-played-in-championship-for-rams/

Blimey. He was released as he couldn't progress through Clod and Leaky?

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Millwall’s James Meredith has a point to prove when he returns to Pride Park this weekend – a decade after Derby showed him the door: https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-defender-i-have-a-point-to-prove-against-derby-county-i-definitely-could-have-played-in-championship-for-rams/

A point to prove to who? There’ll be nobody left from that time still at the club...

This is really tricky game for the Rams and has all the makings of a banana skin- particularly given Millwall’s recent string of good results. They have a great record against the top 6 clubs.

It will be physical for sure and to me that means that Bradley plays whether Tom is fit or not.

If they score first then this could be very awkward for us. We need an early goal.

We need a repeat performance from our wonderful fans, make a load of noise before, during and after the game, be patient, be loyal, be noisy, and keep the opposing fans quiet and send them back south as quickly as possible, and enjoy another fantastic Saturday of Derby County Football Club.

10pu39u.jpg

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We need a repeat performance from our wonderful fans, make a load of noise before, during and after the game, be patient, be loyal, be noisy, and keep the opposing fans quiet and send them back south as quickly as possible, and enjoy another fantastic Saturday of Derby County Football Club.

10pu39u.jpg

Agree with this 100 percent, let's get pride park rocking, like against Villa, if it's a tight game, let's all keep behind the team, and drive them onto victory, and let's us all enjoy our Christmas with another 3 points. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all members of this forum. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Could be another attritional game ... a tricky one but we need to keep the momentum after the excellent win against villa,no slacking just cos we had a good win last time and it’s xmas time.

Archived