Derby County F.C. v Millwall F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Don’t be fooled about Millwall....play nice stuff I’ve heard and should have beat Villa last week. Hungry to survive, obviously will struggle more away from home, hence no wins away..... but this ain’t by no means a pushover. 

Spot on be fools to underestimate a team who have beaten Leeds Sheff U Boro and drawn at Villa ( should have won ) in the last month They will not stand there and admire us Morrison on that back post has had a field day every time I've seen them against us 

This is not a game to be taken lightly.

They will be just as keen to get the points and will be on us like a rash.

We will need to keep our shape and play with tempo in possession to test their defence. A slow start could prove disastrous like it did with Ipswich and bringing in new players often means a slow start.

Although he was unlucky not to bag a brace in the first 10 minutes, I’d replace Nugent with Martin,

Martin to wear down their defence for 60 mins and then bring on Nudge for 30 to run at them and wind them up.

No one else deserves to lose their place. But we have a large squad and this wouldn’t be the worst game to give a few a rest and let a few others have a runout.

Just as long we keep the basic core of the team. 

I’d keep Thorne away from the dirty buggers though.

Just made the mistake of looking through the fixtures. This is the 'easiest' game coming up. Really want 3 points and a dominate performance to build up the confidence.  If I need to stop dreaming of top 2...I just look at the fixtures for the rest of the season...Christ it's a tough league.

This is a massive game ,,,,why? 

They ALL are now , if we are to get promotion then rowett has to covey to the players that every game is massive and if not treated as such by the players then we will drop points ,dropping points stops teams getting promoted and the better you are doing the more you have to raise your game as every team wants to beat you even more and raise their game 

Struggling to get my head around the not to be taken lightly, tough game, won’t be easy comments.

This is the Championship, we’ve been around long enough to know that no game should ever be taken lightly, there is no easy games, they are all tough.

This game is no different to playing Wolves or Birmingham. 

Underestimate any team at your peril!

9 minutes ago, David said:

Struggling to get my head around the not to be taken lightly, tough game, won’t be easy comments.

This is the Championship, we’ve been around long enough to know that no game should ever be taken lightly, there is no easy games, they are all tough.

This game is no different to playing Wolves or Birmingham. 

Underestimate any team at your peril!

Am I wrong to think that there will be a significant number of fans at PP who think this should be nailed on and will be booing their hearts out if it is less than a win?  Don't think the team will underestimate the opposition but the fans..........

Decent team, unpredictable but on a good mini run of form; last 3 out they've beaten Sheff U and Middlesbrough and drawn with Villa.

Sadly I expect the complete opposite of Saturday; a dour game played in near silence with a good degree of time wasting and cheating thrown in. I hope I'm wrong. Defo one where an early goal will make a world of difference. 

Carson

baird.        Keogh.           Davies.       Forsyth

Thorne.          Huddlestone

Weimann.      Vydra.           Russell

Martin

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Do we ever beat Millwall at home? I remember a 0-0er a few years back, had the most excessive time wasting I have ever seen 

Pretty sure I saw a 3-0 at PP not that long ago....

Oh Jesus H Christ just checked & it was 6 years ago. Where the F has that time gone?

23 Oct 2010    Millwall v Derby County    L    2-0    
03 Jan 2011    Derby County v Millwall    D    0-0   
24 Sep 2011    Derby County v Millwall    W    3-0    
11 Feb 2012    Millwall v Derby County    D    0-0   
10 Nov 2012    Millwall v Derby County    L    2-1    
04 May 2013    Derby County v Millwall    W    1-0    
14 Sep 2013    Millwall v Derby County    W    1-5    
08 Mar 2014    Derby County v Millwall    L    0-1    
04 Oct 2014    Derby County v Millwall    D    0-0    
25 Apr 2015    Millwall v Derby County    D    3-3    

Last 10 games, W3, D4, L3. About as average as you can get :mellow:

Archived