11 Feb 2012    Millwall v Derby County    D    0-0   
10 Nov 2012    Millwall v Derby County    L    2-1    
04 May 2013    Derby County v Millwall    W    1-0    
14 Sep 2013    Millwall v Derby County    W    1-5    
08 Mar 2014    Derby County v Millwall    L    0-1    
04 Oct 2014    Derby County v Millwall    D    0-0    
25 Apr 2015    Millwall v Derby County    D    3-3    

Last 10 games, W3, D4, L3. About as average as you can get :mellow:

How many of those was Rowett in charge ?

#cantoutfoxthefox

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Do we ever beat Millwall at home? I remember a 0-0er a few years back, had the most excessive time wasting I have ever seen 

Player getting injured OFF THE PITCH and rolling back on. I’d have accepted the red if somebody ran over and studded his face

I just remember a game a couple of years back where they scored and wasted time with fake injuries and play acting to take 3 points 

I think it was as angry as I have ever been in  game ... They really got under my normally sensible skin. I was narked beyond belief, both at what they did, that the ref took no action and that as a kind of sporting bloke I just thought was plain wrong.. And I'd have hated it if we'd done the same.  <_<

play the game, but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed ..... 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I just remember a game a couple of years back where they scored and wasted time with fake injuries and play acting to take 3 points 

I think it was as angry as I have ever been in  game ... They really got under my normally sensible skin. I was narked beyond belief, both at what they did, that the ref took no action and that as a kind of sporting bloke I just thought was plain wrong.. And I'd have hated it if we'd done the same.  <_<

Yep...a player off the pitch throwing himself back on and feigning injury, should have red carded him.

On 18/12/2017 at 07:30, Spanish said:

Am I wrong to think that there will be a significant number of fans at PP who think this should be nailed on and will be booing their hearts out if it is less than a win?  Don't think the team will underestimate the opposition but the fans..........

Unfortunately you’re not wrong with a section of our fan base. 

Actually going to make a few changes to my original team. Team against Millwall:

Carson

Baird   Keogh   Davies   Olsson

Thorne   Johnson

Weimann    Vydra       Russell

Nugent

Against Hull in midweek:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth   

Huddlestone  Ledley

Weimann       Vydra        Lawrence

Martin

For the Millwall game, we need to be aggressive and get on the front foot, which I think Thorne and Johnson will allow us to do. Olsson is better offensively than Forsyth so I'd bring him in like we did against Burton. Russell deserves a start after his couple of goals recently and it gives Lawrence a few days extra to recover. 

Against Hull, since we are away, naturally a more solid foundation would be needed so I'd bring those players back in above.

So could this team work against Millwall?

......................................Carson....................................

Baird................Keogh...................Davies.........Forsyth

...................Huddlestone.................Thorne................

Weimann.........................Vydra.....................Russell

........................................Martin.....................................

18 hours ago, jono said:

The most play-acting I've ever seen. After the game Bucko described the Millwall players as fairies! 

16 hours ago, McLovin said:

Looking at those teams, on paper at least, we have a healthy squad. We must be the only team in the division and I include Wolves in that, where we can afford to make 5-6 changes and not look a whole lot, if at all weaker.

I think a lot depends on the style of football you play. If you play percentage football, making a host of changes doesn’t half affect you as to a team who tries to play attacking, possession-based football.

Roberto Martinez once said the easiest thing in football would be to just instruct your players to get behind the ball and defend. He’s partly right.

A team who plays in that style doesn’t suddenly become a lot less coherent with say six changes to the side.

A McClaren team on the other hand. We lost a DM and a ST and we were affected badly.

Archived