Pets

Bob Gnarly

11 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Leonbergers,got a girl as well,Aggie who’s 4 this year.Lovely dogs.

Me3Ry5g.jpg

Thought about my GSD when you said yours was a good guard dog . when I had my settee reupholstered the guy had a key to let himself in while we were at work .We left him with a way out to the garage where he was going to work without disturbing the dog .

Well the dog looked the part, dark face and big for a GSD ,however when we got home the dog was sitting in the garage watching the bloke working on our settee.

What happen I asked ,well the guy replied I couldn't get the settee out without going by the dog .He just made a fuss, wagged his tail and watched me carry your settee out the door. The dog had never met the guy before.

Edited by King Kevin

14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Thought about my GSD when you said yours was a good guard dog .

Still got our old GSD(Bruce),he’s a rescue who’s at least 9 now and struggling we needed a dog too look after the lads and house who was a little less full on than Bruce.

Bruce will lie on top of Joel so no one can go near him and that’s what we wanted.

Bruce and a baby Igor.

Z79dAxC.jpg

Edited by Van Cone De Head

Having to have our little dog put out of his misery this afternoon....only 11 years old, poor guy has cancer all over the place and is now really struggling with It...absolutely heartbreaking....

it’s amazing how quickly you forget about the trainers he chewed, the poop he left on the Brand new basement carpet (after It has been installed less than 30 seconds), the times he ran off chasing god knows what in the woods, how dirty he could get from seemingly nowhere, how he could bring back half of the beach attached to his paws, begging for treats, ravenously eating the bacon fat then 3 seconds later throwing It back up (always on the carpet), how he would run off and hide every time I put the football on the TV because he hated hearing me shout at It...etc etc etc

we will miss you so much you goof ball...

the reason I have used that photo....the guy on It is my best friend, a massive red dog...just thought It would cheer me up knowing he was on the DCFC forum..!

32990F5F-43DF-4D6A-9E8C-B652817DFE80.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Squid said:

How do you get over the loss of your dog?
Had to put my best friend, my partner in crime of 12 years to sleep on Monday.

Struggling to cope.

not sure you get over it, as much as you just accept it. Sadly they are miles apart. 

I let my girl go to sleep in 2009. She still pops up in my dreams, and I still get emotional talking about her. Miss her daily.

Sorry for the less than comforting response, but if you're owt like me, you prefer dogs to humans, you will always miss the dog.

I will add however, funny stories that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, will make you feel better.

I like the one where I took my grandad fishing, and he threw a stick for the dog, she came back with a frisbee shaped cow-pat, that he didn't spot, she dropped it by his feet, he picked it up and somehow it's consistency altered in that split second, and it became like merangue. 

Edited by Mostyn6
additional waffle

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure you get over it, as much as you just accept it. Sadly they are miles apart. 

I let my girl go to sleep in 2009. She still pops up in my dreams, and I still get emotional talking about her. Miss her daily.

Sorry for the less than comforting response, but if you're owt like me, you prefer dogs to humans, you will always miss the dog.

I will add however, funny stories that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, will make you feel better.

I like the one where I took my grandad fishing, and he threw a stick for the dog, she came back with a frisbee shaped cow-pat, that he didn't spot, she dropped it by his feet, he picked it up and somehow it's consistency altered in that split second, and it became like merangue. 

Yeah, love dogs more than humans by far!!

Thank you for the response though, brought a smile to my face reading that... ?

2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

That’s terrible and you don’t.

we always try and jump straight back in and get another one or two.

We've decided to give my other dog some time so we can give him all our attention without having to split it between two dogs, if that makes sense?

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

We've decided to give my other dog some time so we can give him all our attention without having to split it between two dogs, if that makes sense?

is the dog showing signs of missing your other dog?