Pets

Bob Gnarly

3 hours ago, Squid said:

His nose keeps dripping, he keeps running round the house, sticking his ears up at the littlest things, crying and whimpering

poor  guy, we still have 2 dogs, neither of them are showing any signs at all of missing their leader.... none at all, I haven't seen them look for him or be bothered in the slightest....and they say dogs are loyal.! ha ha

For the first time this morning as I was bringing Mrs Muespach a cup of coffee in bed I saw the missing dogs bed there and was surprised he wasn't on it...… so sad.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

poor  guy, we still have 2 dogs, neither of them are showing any signs at all of missing their leader.... none at all, I haven't seen them look for him or be bothered in the slightest....and they say dogs are loyal.! ha ha

For the first time this morning as I was bringing Mrs Muespach a cup of coffee in bed I saw the missing dogs bed there and was surprised he wasn't on it...… so sad.

We’ve still got our pooches bed, in there is his two favourite teddies and a bone and his collar, It hurts to look but I never want to get rid of them

My sister’s got a border terrier Squid, right little characters, sorry for your loss mate, the only negative in a lifetime of positives. He’ll always be in your thoughts, I dreamt about Remy my Old English Sheepdog about a fortnight ago, we lost him about 20 years ago. It was a nice dream, we were big buddies.

I tell myself I’ll meet up with all my dogs when I kick it, I know I’m kidding myself really but it brings me comfort when I’m grieving the loss of a much loved pal.

All the best at a lousy time mate. ?

27 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

My sister’s got a border terrier Squid, right little characters, sorry for your loss mate, the only negative in a lifetime of positives. He’ll always be in your thoughts, I dreamt about Remy my Old English Sheepdog about a fortnight ago, we lost him about 20 years ago. It was a nice dream, we were big buddies.

I tell myself I’ll meet up with all my dogs when I kick it, I know I’m kidding myself really but it brings me comfort when I’m grieving the loss of a much loved pal.

All the best at a lousy time mate. ?

Thanks matey your words mean a lot honestly

@Squid really sad to hear you're struggling. A lot of people don't quite understand the love that we can have for our little furry mates and i feel sorry for them. I miss my old Labrador so much, would give anything to hug him again, see his excited gallop, feed him his favourite treats.

The loss never goes away but the rawness does. You will be able to think of him and smile and remember happy memories and not just the pain. And that old adage, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

He will know and did indeed know how much you love him. 

Edited by goldstar

30 minutes ago, goldstar said:

@Squid really sad to hear you're struggling. A lot of people don't quite understand the love that we can have for our little furry mates and i feel sorry for them. I miss my old Labrador so much, would give anything to hug him again, see his excited gallop, feed him his favourite treats.

The loss never goes away but the rawness does. You will be able to think of him and smile and remember happy memories and not just the pain. And that old adage, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

He will know and did indeed know how much you love him. 

I have had two dogs broke my heart having put them to sleep buried first one 8ft under 2nd one broke heart even more I am not fit enough todo the same.

Planted a tree over my first dog. 

Edited by cstand

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

I have had two dogs broke my heart having put them to sleep buried first one 8ft under 2nd one broke heart even more I am not fit enough todo the same.

As easy as it is to say, what you did for them while you were together is what is important. The very fact that you are so sad about that shows how much you care. 

Just thought I'd pop an image of our Tigz in here. We're down on the Jurassic Coast for the weekend as VdM junior is 18 on 14th. Our lab loves a paddle and retrieving shiny stones.

Was never a dog person particularly until we got her a few years ago but couldn't imagine being without her now.

Thoughts with all fellow rams who are grieving.

20200315_080236.jpg

18 hours ago, cannable said:

Had my dog put down today. 

ducking gutted.

Not looking for sympathy or anything. Just helps if I keep on saying it. 

you may not be looking for it, but you can have it from me. I've been fortunate enough to have two dogs that were awesome and lived a long time. My first was 17 when we let her go to doggy heaven, then the next got to 15. I feel anyone and everyone's sadness cos I still feel my own. There have been a few posters say goodbye to their dogs in recent weeks. My heart does break for you. But I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that your dog would've felt nothing but love in your company over the years x

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you may not be looking for it, but you can have it from me. I've been fortunate enough to have two dogs that were awesome and lived a long time. My first was 17 when we let her go to doggy heaven, then the next got to 15. I feel anyone and everyone's sadness cos I still feel my own. There have been a few posters say goodbye to their dogs in recent weeks. My heart does break for you. But I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that your dog would've felt nothing but love in your company over the years x

Cheers mate