Pets

Bob Gnarly

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I have wondered what your back lawn (if you have one) is like John, mine’s mullered, never recovered from our two Mastiff girls, do the Leonbergers do much rough and tumble ?

It’s terraced mate,they don’t go on it.

I had a big deck built on the front for them and the view to Owler Bar.

They have a bit but they get worn out pretty easy,Igor is still only 13 months.

They are fantastic dogs.

On 24/09/2019 at 01:12, ilkleyram said:

On Friday we had to make the same decision about our 11 year old Cocker Spaniel @dog. Many tears have been shed. The younger one misses his mate, I'm looking around for him on walks and force of habit nearly made me put his tea out tonight. I've just spent an hour reliving memories via photographs of walks taken over the years, particularly since I retired. And I have a new screensaver.

I share your pain. But if there's a small piece of comfort it is that I know it was the correct decision for him.  Not for me perhaps, but certainly for him.  And the memories that he leaves behind are all happy ones not only for me but for the missus and the kids and grand kids for whom he was a significant part of their formative years.  He is remembered with love, joy and laughter as I'm sure your girl will be, and what more could any of us ask?

On 24/09/2019 at 18:31, dog said:

Been better ?

She's breathing heavily at my feet and we're taking her tomorrow afternoon

Her stomach is distended and she's not eating so we're definitely doing the right thing

But right things often aren't easy

I hope you're both alright. My dog is 10 and, whilst she's not had many health problems, it's something I'm thinking about pretty much every day now. 

13 minutes ago, mozza said:

My sincerest condolences to those who are grieving 'lost' pets, we never, ever forget them, time is a great healer, but only really softens the blow.

I agree. My girl Honey went in 2009 and I still dream about having her back all the time and not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

On 10/08/2019 at 23:03, Mostyn6 said:

305F5DAB-F1B7-4746-AB4A-B7BF87EAD7ED.thumb.jpeg.0e3c26906a72b863d79c2d1396542e71.jpeg

been puppysitting Patrick this weekend. Going to hate giving him back ?

it's Patrick's 1st birthday today. His (12yr old) owner is insisting on a party, so this numbskull did about £30 in pets at home last night buying stuff for him to chew and shred to bits! Gonna nip around after work tonight to give him an ear tickle and belly rub. 

On 01/10/2019 at 14:47, Mostyn6 said:

it's Patrick's 1st birthday today. His (12yr old) owner is insisting on a party, so this numbskull did about £30 in pets at home last night buying stuff for him to chew and shred to bits! Gonna nip around after work tonight to give him an ear tickle and belly rub. 

You must get one, and they say dogs look like their owners, like twins you two.. 

47 minutes ago, mozza said:

You must get one, and they say dogs look like their owners, like twins you two.. 

I probably think about it a few times a day. But I’ve got to be fair. It’d be cruel. I’m out of the home for far too long. Probably over 14hrs today. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I probably think about it a few times a day. But I’ve got to be fair. It’d be cruel. I’m out of the home for far too long. Probably over 14hrs today. 

Take it with you,  our Poppy loves the car! 

13 hours ago, Coolascustard said:

Visited this thread quite a bit but first time posting on it.  These are our two - Simba the cat and Ollie the dog.  Simba was a rescue from the RSPCA and we had Ollie as a pup a year ago.8D3F48EC-E639-49B3-A0EB-A192CEFF335C.thumb.jpeg.d0c923a85869dd95d36cafd15ec67008.jpegB5889570-1681-4A3E-A6C9-B576203CCC2D.thumb.jpeg.09a3ebea5464c31885acbd88334220b7.jpeg

Ollie looks like a good boy.