Pets

Bob Gnarly

Any words of encouragement for me? We've always had two cats, and that's never been a problem. They largely look after themselves, but Mrs Pesley and Master Pesley have outvoted me on the idea of having a dog

I really don't want a dog. They really do want a dog. We live in a democracy

Can I vote the dog out in 5 years if it doesn't live up to its promises?

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Any words of encouragement for me? We've always had two cats, and that's never been a problem. They largely look after themselves, but Mrs Pesley and Master Pesley have outvoted me on the idea of having a dog

What do the cats want? I would have thought they'll be the ones most affected.

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Go to a dog rescue site, select a dog that suits all your needs, ask how said dog gets on with cats and other creatures. If suitable, 100% adopt one, promise you, you wont regret it..

2 hours ago, angieram said:

What do the cats want? I would have thought they'll be the ones most affected.

That's one of my objections! To be fair the two cats already hate each other, so pets in conflict is nothing new

They want to get a puppy and claim that if the cats are introduced to a puppy they will get used to it easier

Sounds like baaalocks to me!

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Democracy be damned. I once lost a 4-way family vote 3-2, so I'm understandably skeptical of the process.

The 3 others in this house all want a dog and I just put my foot down. Veto. To be fair to the rest of the household, they understand my desperation to never have a dog.

The cats will put the dog in it’s place pretty quickly.  We’d had our cat for 6 years before we got a proper pet and she must have given the dog a few swipes when he got too close because he’s very wary of her now! Might be different if you get an older dog rather than a puppy.