Pets

Bob Gnarly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this a few weeks on the Derby Telegraph website a few weeks ago;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/dogs-gastroenteritis-sick-burton-swadlincote-2414259

Didn't think much of it until this week when my dog went down with it ?

We've been back and forth to the Vets over the past 5 days for various injections and pills and the poor soul spent a day there on a drip as he was getting really dehydrated - seems to be a lot perkier today though and the sickness and diarrhea have finally stopped.

Would have cost over £500, fortunately we have insurance and 'only' need to pay the £85 excess.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Saw this a few weeks on the Derby Telegraph website a few weeks ago;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/dogs-gastroenteritis-sick-burton-swadlincote-2414259

Didn't think much of it until this week when my dog went down with it ?

We've been back and forth to the Vets over the past 5 days for various injections and pills and the poor soul spent a day there on a drip as he was getting really dehydrated - seems to be a lot perkier today though and the sickness and diarrhea have finally stopped.

Would have cost over £500, fortunately we have insurance and 'only' need to pay the £85 excess.

Glad to hear your dog seems to be getting better. I saw someone else on Twitter say that his dog had come down with it as well. Hopefully a speedy recovery. 

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Glad to hear your dog seems to be getting better. I saw someone else on Twitter say that his dog had come down with it as well. Hopefully a speedy recovery. 

He's a lot happier this morning, still not eating as he should but we've just got back from doing half of his normal walk this morning - the first time we've been out (other than to the vets) since Monday and he seemed back to his normal self ?

I've had several dogs over the past 20-25 years and fortunately this is the first time I've had one thats been poorly (other than old age related) and it was horrible to see, I said to my 12yo that in many ways I would have much rather it had been him! 

You can explain whats wrong to a human and how to keep yourself hydrated etc, Schnapps (my dog) just lay there looking very sorry for himself and took a turn for the worse in the space of a couple of hours before we took him to the vets and was put on a drip.

Ah well, alls well that ends well. 

• 3 weeks later...