Sign in to follow this  
Mr Giggles

Pets

On 10/01/2019 at 22:27, HantsRam said:

This is Tigzi the dog and Lola the doggy sharing so.e quiet time. It's taken 3 years for them to reach this level of proximity.......😂

20190105_194558_001.jpg

I'm not convinced that both of these are dogs..... 

Probably me and my bad eyes though..

59 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I'm not convinced that both of these are dogs..... 

Probably me and my bad eyes though..

Doggy, moggy, boggy, bogey, boygey ......Boycie (wondered where he’d got to 😂)

fair play, my grasp of basic spelling seems to have left me lol

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Great movie!

Look closely... it's a few seconds on continuous repeat.  A "Gif", I think they call it.  Hardly a movie, great or otherwise! 

Edited by Mucker1884
Made it even funnier, and you can't even see the joint!

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Look closely... it's a few seconds on continuous repeat.  A "Gif", I think they call it.  Hardly a movie, great or otherwise! 

Often wondered - is it pronounced gif or gif?

58 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

Now, that is a question I often ask myself, as I don't know!  I don't recall ever having heard anyone say it, only read it!  I'd go with the hard g myself, otherwise it should have been spelled "Jif"... and we'd be cleaning the bathroom with it!  

21 hours ago, Bigfella said:

And meme? How's that pronounced?

Over here WiFi is pronounced with both i's as in with rather than wife. When I asked my sister the speed of her internet connection she didn't have a clue what I was talking about,

On 20/01/2019 at 07:44, richinspain said:

And meme? How's that pronounced?

Over here WiFi is pronounced with both i's as in with rather than wife. When I asked my sister the speed of her internet connection she didn't have a clue what I was talking about,

MEEEEEEEEEEM (you always have to shout it)

17 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As the G in GIF stands for Graphic, you pronounce it however you want.

Supposed to be pronounced as Jif but I think that’s rubbish, you don’t give it a G and say pronounce it as a J

2 hours ago, David said:

Supposed to be pronounced as Jif but I think that’s rubbish, you don’t give it a G and say pronounce it as a J

To be honest. Whenever this debate comes up someone says that (I assume after looking it up) - but I spend a lot of time talking to new people over the net (so gifs come up in conversation fairly often) and I've never heard anyone say Jif.

The hard G makes the most sense to me. The G stands for a word that is pronounced with a hard G, so the acronym should have a hard G. I think that's the common-sense route most people take.

EDIT: Also, my dog is healthy and happy. Although she's malting her winter coat a little early so she's got some cold months coming.

Edited by SaintRam