Pets

Bob Gnarly

On 20 February 2019 at 09:49, David said:

Don’t talk wet, cats are pets.

In fact I would recommend a kitten over a puppy @AmericanRam as a first time pet owner, much more rewarding than a rodent in a cage that you’ll get a couple of years out of at best.

Try telling our cats (this is Cassie, Hector's sister - both from cats protection) they're just pets. They know they're far important and we're not they're owners, we're their staff. 

IMG_20190216_113619.jpg

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

My cat quite often kills small birds and mice, but this morning I awoke to find she'd taken out a massive wood pigeon

I don't know to be impressed or horrified.

What if this is just the start??

My first cat brought one still alive through the cat flap one morning. The thing was going berserk flying into walls round the house, finally got it out still in tact, not sure how with the amount of feathers which were scattered around.

The neighbour used to feed the pigeons, talking 50-100 all day on her roof, oh the battles we had with her over it.

34 minutes ago, David said:

My first cat brought one still alive through the cat flap one morning. The thing was going berserk flying into walls round the house, finally got it out still in tact, not sure how with the amount of feathers which were scattered around.

The neighbour used to feed the pigeons, talking 50-100 all day on her roof, oh the battles we had with her over it.

We live near Darley Park so we get quite a few wood pigeons knocking around our gardens (nowhere near 50-110 though - jesus!). I've seen the cat stalk a few and fail miserably. I always laughed about it because they are almost the same size as her and thought she was just being ambitious. She levelled-up this morning and at least had the good grace to leave it outside the back door

7 hours ago, David said:

my old cat brought in a magpie through the cat flap still very much alive, blood,crap and feathers everywhere.  My previous 2 used to delight in bringing home live rabbits, leaving them in the kitchen then bobbing off somewhere.  Staggering through for my morning coffee to be surprised by Peter Rabbit hopping around.  I'm sure the cats were outside sniggering

13 hours ago, StivePesley said:

My cat quite often kills small birds and mice, but this morning I awoke to find she'd taken out a massive wood pigeon

Best thing one of mine ever got was a mole! I hadn't seen one in person before and haven't since. There was once a squirrell, but honestly there's no chance they actually caught it without it already being half dead, a healthy squirrell is far too clever to be caught by a cat.

16 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Mine once caught a bat, opened my door and in came batcat with his prized possesion. duck knows where he caught that ducker

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

This badass is my dog's brother - best working dog winner at Crufts today. I'm actually not a massive fan of Crufts and that kind of dog showing, but my boy is proper champion stock and I'll be cheering 'Dave' on on Sunday where he's up for best in show.

Not a massive dog lover, but "I don't mind" them.

However, if I ever had a dog, I'd...

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...