Pets

Bob Gnarly

21 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Often wondered - is it pronounced gif or gif?

And meme? How's that pronounced?

Over here WiFi is pronounced with both i's as in with rather than wife. When I asked my sister the speed of her internet connection she didn't have a clue what I was talking about,

On 20/01/2019 at 07:44, richinspain said:

And meme? How's that pronounced?

Over here WiFi is pronounced with both i's as in with rather than wife. When I asked my sister the speed of her internet connection she didn't have a clue what I was talking about,

MEEEEEEEEEEM (you always have to shout it)

2 hours ago, David said:

Supposed to be pronounced as Jif but I think that’s rubbish, you don’t give it a G and say pronounce it as a J

To be honest. Whenever this debate comes up someone says that (I assume after looking it up) - but I spend a lot of time talking to new people over the net (so gifs come up in conversation fairly often) and I've never heard anyone say Jif.

The hard G makes the most sense to me. The G stands for a word that is pronounced with a hard G, so the acronym should have a hard G. I think that's the common-sense route most people take.

EDIT: Also, my dog is healthy and happy. Although she's malting her winter coat a little early so she's got some cold months coming.

Edited by SaintRam

19 hours ago, SaintRam said:

To be honest. Whenever this debate comes up someone says that (I assume after looking it up) - but I spend a lot of time talking to new people over the net (so gifs come up in conversation fairly often) and I've never heard anyone say Jif.

The hard G makes the most sense to me. The G stands for a word that is pronounced with a hard G, so the acronym should have a hard G. I think that's the common-sense route most people take.

EDIT: Also, my dog is healthy and happy. Although she's malting her winter coat a little early so she's got some cold months coming.

I know I started the debate about gif or gif but to be honest I pronounce it video!

10 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Our Ragdoll kitten on Mrs Wolfie's mermaid blanket thingy.

Growing fast and now almost tolerated by the old cat.

IMG_3400.JPG

Your missus looks very slender in that purple number, i'd go as far as to say..stunning.