Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-0

Biy disappointed with that line-up. I don't think we'll get much in the way of space in behind their defence, so I don't understand starting Nugent.

They're set up without a striker, so I don't understand why we need Johnson for solidity.

They're clearly going for a draw, so I don't get why we're not going a bit more attacking. Starting Forsyth and Johnson give some us **** all down the left side imo

The side of Rowett I'm not a fan of.

Recalling how our Mr Saunders took the proverbial out of Mr Bruce it always gives me great pleasure to see Mr B suffer at the hands, well feet, of our boys. Having had a couple of chats with Mr B a number of years ago I don’t think he was too fond of those memories. Happy days! 

14 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

0-0

Biy disappointed with that line-up. I don't think we'll get much in the way of space in behind their defence, so I don't understand starting Nugent.

They're set up without a striker, so I don't understand why we need Johnson for solidity.

They're clearly going for a draw, so I don't get why we're not going a bit more attacking. Starting Forsyth and Johnson give some us **** all down the left side imo

The side of Rowett I'm not a fan of.

You don't know what team they are playing until after you select yours. 

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You don't know what team they are playing until after you select yours. 

Good point but I still don't see why Johnson makes us that much better defensively than Russell.

Because for as much as Johnson's strong and combative, he'll lose us possession in key areas. And it's not like Russell's a lazy ******* who won't track back, he's a really hard worker and offers us more when it comes to attacking.

Attack is the best form of defence in some cases and I'm not saying we should be throwing men forward and ignoring defensive solidity, but there comes a point where you need to give us a decent chance of winning a game at home. Not just drawing.

Fully expect us to start slow and the first half to be boring today.

Archived