Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jono said:

Stop it Paul, and all the rest of you this is serious, there's a game tomorrow and I won't sleep now. The thought of Steve Bruce trying to fit down our chimney is giving me an anxiety attack 

I agree, maybe we should have a claus that says we shouldn't joke around in match day threads.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Yule think I'm crackers....but log this now. No more puns from me from the present day until next year.

Thats so many in one post...have you been stocking them up?

I have just been on the villa website and the match thread is similar to ours, i.e. difficult game , hoping for a win or a draw but anything could happen, seems Bruce and GR set their teams up in a similar fashion , strong defence and a quick counter attack.

I have just asked if I can change my seat from the middle to behind a goal so I see some action lol:ph34r:

11 hours ago, jono said:

Stop it Paul, and all the rest of you this is serious, there's a game tomorrow and I won't sleep now. The thought of Steve Bruce trying to fit down our chimney is giving me an anxiety attack 

Could be worse.  Imagine waking, to find him emptying his sack into your wifes stocking.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:50, EulogyForEvolution said:

The player so good I named him twice. 

...well spotted, I meant Thomas.

Thomas played for the U23's didn't he last night so doubt he will be in the squad. At home, on the offensive I think Russell should fill in for Lawrence and I would bring Wisdom back in. I would be happy with a point from this one...

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thomas played for the U23's didn't he last night so doubt he will be in the squad. At home, on the offensive I think Russell should fill in for Lawrence and I would bring Wisdom back in. I would be happy with a point from this one...

Thomas, Bennett, Vernam & Zanzala played in the U23s. Think it's a missed opportunity not to have Thomas on the bench, but maybe Rowett's planning to give Johnson the left-sided role. 

Reckon we'll also see Benty in the squad against his old club.

We've an awful lot of fit senior pros and not enough places for them. I'm guessing subs will be:

Mitchell, Wisdom, Thorne, Russell, Nugent, Winnall, Bent

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thomas, Bennett, Vernam & Zanzala played in the U23s. Think it's a missed opportunity not to have Thomas on the bench, but maybe Rowett's planning to give Johnson the left-sided role. 

Reckon we'll also see Benty in the squad against his old club.

We've an awful lot of fit senior pros and not enough places for them. I'm guessing subs will be:

Mitchell, Wisdom, Thorne, Russell, Nugent, Winnall, Bent

It’s an interesting one what to do with that left position, on immediate thought it would appear Russell is the obvious choice. But would that then mean we have to switch weimann to the left since Russell can’t play there, negating the abilities of arguably our best wideman in recent weeks? Weimann was nowhere as effective when he was shoved on the left for 15 minutes against Barnsley and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. It strikes me he’s at his most dangerous when he can cut in from the right and get in and around the box, which is perhaps why we’ve never seen the best of him before, given that Ince has had that role in previous seasons. 

So do we just do that straight swap or is Johnson maybe the better option? It’s disappointing either way because that three in behind was playing like a perfectly balance unit so I hope it doesn’t distrupt us too much.

Martin

.    Johnson.   Vydra

ledley.  Huddlestone.  Thorne

Forsyth. Davies. Keogh.  Wisdom

.                 Carson

Yule surely agree its time for the christmas tree formation

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Martin

.    Johnson.   Vydra

ledley.  Huddlestone.  Thorne

Forsyth. Davies. Keogh.  Wisdom

.                 Carson

Yule surely agree its time for the christmas tree formation

That would be a good formation for winning back the ball ball.

Archived