Man Utd ticket details and KO Time announced.

Gritstone Ram

8 hours ago, ramblur said:

Interesting one,this. If the steep price put off very large numbers of our fans,then the club could potentially miss out on 40% take from such fans (the match expenses would have been borne already,so any additional tickets would attract the full 40%,if you see what I mean). The tricky thing would be to try and predict the subsidy required to get these fans to 'bite'.I suspect that if the tickets were subsidised,the club would lose a bit,but not spectacularly. It wouldn't lose out to the total extent of such subsidy because of its additional take on extra tickets sold (for those priced at £45,that's an extra £16 per ticket,which covers the subsidy for that ticket and also contributes £6 towards subsidies of those who would have gone anyway,if you pitched the subsidy @ £10/ticket for this class)   

I’m not advocating they should do it, but we know that united will sell their allocation so that’s a guaranteed income, our allocation is c7% so by reducing this by X amount wouldn’t have a massive impact on our intake.  Football is now a money game I know that, but to say we can’t do anything about it is imo not completely true.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Hotel is cheaper than the ticket. Go8n* to make a weekend of it. The missus can go shopping whilst myself and little Angry will partake in 90 mins of calling Man Utd robbing ******** in Chinese.

I see there is a new craze  of having a dump on a seat... Might get little Angry to give that a go as well. ?

Angry surely you can get pensioners rate at your age 

I  would be interested to know who the majority are calling for Mel to subsidise ticket prices - regular away fans who think this is one game too much or occasional fans who fancy going because it's Man Utd? 

I am not saying the pricing isn't outrageous  (because it is) but why should Mel subsidise this one game for a group of fans who will probably only go away again once more this season? ;)

14 hours ago, Doodle said:

Not that I think we will sell out but do youvknow if we have the possibility of extra tickets should we sell  the first lot? Also does the club having to buy unsold tickets apply to the initial 5000?  if, as i expect we sell around 3000 do we owe them 90 grand for the unsold tickets? 

No possibility of extra tickets once our allocation has gone due to United having to relocate there home ST holders into the extra allocation we didn't go with.

Not sure but I would expect so yes.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

I  would be interested to know who the majority are calling for Mel to subsidise ticket prices - regular away fans who think this is one game too much or occasional fans who fancy going because it's Man Utd? 

I am not saying the pricing isn't outrageous  (because it is) but why should Mel subsidise this one game for a group of fans who will probably only go away again once more this season? ;)

Maybe if you have been on 5 or more roadriders you get this one free would have been good.

But...we get a good deal at our club compared to others.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

Given that I am the only poster to suggest I believe, then I presume you mean me???

Dont think I have given an opinion of whether I believe the club should subsidise or not, merely suggesting that was an option.  For info, yes i do go to the games, hard to believe maybe for you that someone who does go has given a suggestion that you don’t agree with, but I wouldn’t worry about it to much, that’s all it was ?

28 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Given that I am the only poster to suggest I believe, then I presume you mean me???

Dont think I have given an opinion of whether I believe the club should subsidise or not, merely suggesting that was an option.  For info, yes i do go to the games, hard to believe maybe for you that someone who does go has given a suggestion that you don’t agree with, but I wouldn’t worry about it to much, that’s all it was ?

Without presuming to speak for @angieram I don't think she was having a pop at you personally. I believe others have also referred to subsidies on the sister thread about this game. I think the point she was making is that although the ticket price is indeed outrageous, no away trip is any more deserving of a subsidy than any other.

I'm a little surprised if FA Rules state that a minimum of 15% of tickets must be given to the away team, and then the away team requests less than this (7% in this case) that should we fail to sell this amount we are liable for the cost of the unsold ones.

I simply don't see us taking 5500 to Old Trafford.

The other thing is we've had cup ties v "glamour" teams recently, its not like there's huge novalty value in it.

Chelsey, man u, scrubber pool, "champions" Leicester...Its not like we haven't seen half strength efforts of top pl teams recently.

I've been to old Trafford once for the league cup semi a few years back.

Im considering going on the basis i can feasibly get to it. Im going to our home match v Millwall for the same reason. But £45 is steep.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Hello Adam. As @OohMartWright said, no I wasn't getting at you, sorry if it appeared that way, but on threads on here, twitter and even on the news on Radio Derby there are plenty of people complaining about the prices and suggesting that the club could or should do something about it.  

I was just asking how many of those people regularly watch Derby or if some are just taking the usual route of either having a pop at the club or fancying the game as a one-off because it's Man Utd! 

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me by the way. I wouldn't have lasted five minutes on here if I did. :lol:

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I'm a little surprised if FA Rules state that a minimum of 15% of tickets must be given to the away team, and then the away team requests less than this (7% in this case) that should we fail to sell this amount we are liable for the cost of the unsold ones.

I simply don't see us taking 5500 to Old Trafford.

Surely that can't be the case? Pity poor Crawley Town, Forest or some other lowly, poorly supported club having to take upwards of 10,000 tickets, of which if they were lucky they could sell 2,000 because it was going to be their big day out with nothing else to play for during the rest of the season other than a battle against relegation. They would potentially have a bill of circa quarter of a million pounds which could lead to them going bust.

Can't be!

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Surely that can't be the case? Pity poor Crawley Town, Forest or some other lowly, poorly supported club having to take upwards of 10,000 tickets, of which if they were lucky they could sell 2,000 because it was going to be their big day out with nothing else to play for during the rest of the season other than a battle against relegation. They would potentially have a bill of circa quarter of a million pounds which could lead to them going bust.

Can't be!

I think you may have missed the point a little. If a club expects 2000 to go. They would only request 2000 not 10000. There is no compulsion to take the the full quota. It does sound a silly rule and one that requires lots of supposition by the visiting team 

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can't be!

I don’t believe it is correct.  Coventry once got charged for seats they didn’t fill for a cup tie, however these were over and above their original allocation and what they asked for.  They then faced this situation again and only took the original allocation as there was no risk, they still ended up selling out and some fans missed out and they gave this as the reason for not taking the additional tickets.

My understanding is that we will not be charged for any unsold seats, as we have only taken what was on offer, the rule was put in place to stop teams asking for the full 15% allocation and returning thousands of tickets that remain unsold....that’s what I have been told anyway whether it’s true or not I can’t attest to, but sounds sensible.

Archived