Man Utd ticket details and KO Time announced.

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup matches are...FUN. That's why i don't get the negativity about cup matches...do away with it! No one cares! Don't risk the first team! Ffs.

A random tie, no big pressure, a day out from the league business. Enjoy cup matches, that's what they're there for.

The players can go out and enjoy playing because the consequences of losing are we wont win the fa cup, no more no less.

It's not as important as winning promotion, but it is a match v a big team that wont matter terribly if we lose, and if we win we'll i think be one of the very few teams from a lower division to put them out. A replay and its a few extra bob for the kitty before we go out.

Nobody gave Bristol City a chance of beating this lot and look what happened.

Our players have performed very well over recent months and have earned the right to play at the "Theatre of Dreams".

5500 Rams fans have paid large amounts of money to go and support the team and I think that out of respect for us the club has a duty to put out the strongest side possible. To try and fail is acceptable. To not try is not.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Cup matches are...FUN. That's why i don't get the negativity about cup matches...do away with it! No one cares! Don't risk the first team! Ffs.

A random tie, no big pressure, a day out from the league business. Enjoy cup matches, that's what they're there for.

The players can go out and enjoy playing because the consequences of losing are we wont win the fa cup, no more no less.

It's not as important as winning promotion, but it is a match v a big team that wont matter terribly if we lose, and if we win we'll i think be one of the very few teams from a lower division to put them out. A replay and its a few extra bob for the kitty before we go out.

It's a hard one.

I'm a player and I've been slogging my guts out week in week out and then get the chance to play Man U at Old Trafford only to be dropped for someone who's barely kicked a ball all season I'd be mighty peed off. 

For some this is a very rare and possibly the only chance they will get to play on a stage like this - it should be a reward for the effort they have put in.

That said, if a key player gets injured everyone will moan and it might derail our promotion prospects.

Happy not to be in Gary's shoes for this team selection!

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm a player and I've been slogging my guts out week in week out and then get the chance to play Man U at Old Trafford only to be dropped for someone who's barely kicked a ball all season I'd be mighty peed off. 

For some this is a very rare and possibly the only chance they will get to play on a stage like this - it should be a reward for the effort they have put in.

Exactly.

But then GR doesn't seem to reward players for good play? Winnall must wonder what more he can do to start.

Got a sneaky feeling that for all gr is playing it down he will actually relish the chance to put his strongest side out and try to outdo Jose the grinch, as has been pointed out there’s recovery time 

I expect the team to be:

......................................Carson......................................

Wisdom...............Keogh..............Davies.............Olsson

....................Huddlestone.............Thorne.......................

Russell.........................Vydra.........................Lawrence

....................................Winnall......................................

From the Sheffield Utd starting 11 that's the "few" changes Gary spoke of. 5 to be exact!

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I expect the team to be:

......................................Carson......................................

Wisdom...............Keogh..............Davies.............Olsson

....................Huddlestone.............Thorne.......................

Russell.........................Vydra.........................Lawrence

....................................Winnall......................................

From the Sheffield Utd starting 11 that's the "few" changes Gary spoke of. 5 to be exact!

I think that's exactly the team he'll pick.

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

hey all

does anyone know if this game will be on sky etc? or only ramsplayer stream?

Thought it was moved to friday to be on tv but can't find any mention on sky sports

It's not on Sky. Only on Friday because Man City are at home on Saturday. Liverpool v Everton on instead - FWIW Sky don't have the rights to the FA Cup, it's BBC and BT Sport. First Man Utd 3rd round game not to be on TV in something like 12 years. I wouldn't expect it to be on RamsTV either, even if abroad.

Archived