Man Utd ticket details and KO Time announced.

Gritstone Ram

Hotel is cheaper than the ticket. Go8n* to make a weekend of it. The missus can go shopping whilst myself and little Angry will partake in 90 mins of calling Man Utd robbing ******** in Chinese.

I see there is a new craze  of having a dump on a seat... Might get little Angry to give that a go as well. ?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Hotel is cheaper than the ticket. Go8n* to make a weekend of it. The missus can go shopping whilst myself and little Angry will partake in 90 mins of calling Man Utd robbing ******** in Chinese.

I see there is a new craze  of having a dump on a seat... Might get little Angry to give that a go as well. ?

Lol the dump on the seat :lol:. Someones arse must be half way up their back.

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Ah the dirty protest. Bobby Sands special.

5 hours ago, David said:

The OS does state the club sought the views from supporters representatives, my reading of all this is that was on the allocation and that Derby could have possibly agreed for more tickets but....

Saturday 3pm KO and £30 tickets I would imagine Derby would possibly have asked for more tickets. 

The club has agreed this allocation with Manchester United following careful consideration of factors including; date and time of the tie, transport arrangements for our supporters and the pricing of tickets set by the home team. We have also sought the views of supporters’ representatives during this process.

Pretty much as I tweeted yesterday in fairness as above.

Had a chat with the club as did a few others, if anything to gauge opinion. Wasn't obviously regarding the pricing as only Man United have a say in that, it used to be that both of the clubs had to agree on a price but that has changed this year. Good article on the FSF website that I tweeted the link too.

Unfortunately the Friday night date and pricing of the game meant that it would be a crazy decision to take a higher allowance. Not sure if many of you know but sometimes when the away club accept tickets from a home club you are effectively buying them. Don't sell them and you have to pay. Can be very costly to any club so wise of Derby to accept this allocation as I think the allocation will allow everyone that wants to go a ticket.

As crazy as it is big clubs like United can pretty much charge what they want. They have the demand. Pretty sure they also have a policy where you have to buy your seat so they are not going to go down the route of charging an affordable amount for fans.

Hopefully next season we will only be paying £30 eh!!

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Great idea.We’ll all wear nappies and chuck them on the pitch.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Pretty much as I tweeted yesterday in fairness as above.

Had a chat with the club as did a few others, if anything to gauge opinion. Wasn't obviously regarding the pricing as only Man United have a say in that, it used to be that both of the clubs had to agree on a price but that has changed this year. Good article on the FSF website that I tweeted the link too.

Unfortunately the Friday night date and pricing of the game meant that it would be a crazy decision to take a higher allowance. Not sure if many of you know but sometimes when the away club accept tickets from a home club you are effectively buying them. Don't sell them and you have to pay. Can be very costly to any club so wise of Derby to accept this allocation as I think the allocation will allow everyone that wants to go a ticket.

As crazy as it is big clubs like United can pretty much charge what they want. They have the demand. Pretty sure they also have a policy where you have to buy your seat so they are not going to go down the route of charging an affordable amount for fans.

Hopefully next season we will only be paying £30 eh!!

So effectively there isn’t really much point in the fans boycotting it anyway? As the club will end up paying up anyway...

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Does anyone think this will sell out? If so do we still get about 40% of the gate receipts? If so it wouldn't be a bad earner for the club. I know it isn't great for the fans but we could effectively get 40% of 70002 londoners money @ £45 an adult.

Man U will sell out. They have so many fans on stand by for prem tickets that people will go to any game available. Never mind a prestigious tie against the mighty rams 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Man U will sell out. They have so many fans on stand by for prem tickets that people will go to any game available. Never mind a prestigious tie against the mighty rams 

My neighbour is a season ticket holder and Utd have his bank details and automatically send him a cup ticket and deduct the cost of it from his account. If he doesn't want to go he has so long to inform the club or they send him the ticket. If he can't be arsed to go he usually sells it to a mate.

I am not sure how much his ticket is I might ask him to see if his is cheaper. I don't think he wants to go either.

Just wondering how many people who say they are not going because it’s 45 quid, would have actually gone if  it was 25 quid.?? Easy to be principaled if you have no intention of turning up in the first place. Anyone who says I’ve been to 6/8 away games this season but not going to this, due to the cost have a valid point. But if you’ve not been away all season, perhaps just using the 45 quid as another excuse 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Just wondering how many people who say they are not going because it’s 45 quid, would have actually gone if  it was 25 quid.?? Easy to be principaled if you have no intention of turning up in the first place. Anyone who says I’ve been to 6/8 away games this season but not going to this, due to the cost have a valid point. But if you’ve not been away all season, perhaps just using the 45 quid as another excuse 

I'd go at £25.00. No doubt about it.

32 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I'm at work and wouldn't be going if it was a fiver.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

So effectively there isn’t really much point in the fans boycotting it anyway? As the club will end up paying up anyway...

That's generally the rule Cannable with league games hence why some times we take smaller allocations at first and then it rises depending on how they sell. Some years ago this wasn't the case and full allocation was just offered.

Presume it will be the same for the cup yes. I know if we had the extra allocation we would have definitely lost out on them if they were not sold hence offer not taken up.

I’m going to try and get tickets for the game. The wife told me it’s part of my Xmas present. Not a season ticket holder so I’ll be at the back of the queue. I paid £40 when we played Utd at pride park. It was worth every penny for that feeling when George Thorne scored. A mate at work is a Utd season ticket holder and has offered me a couple of tickets in the Utd end. Think that will be the last resort if I don’t manage to get in the Derby end. Premier inn booked it’s on St Lawrence quay hope it’s a sign.

Archived