Man Utd ticket details and KO Time announced.

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Nothing to stop Derby subsiding their 40% take for the away fans.  This way they could show that whilst they can’t do anything about the price, they dont agree with it.   

Why would they do that?

We charge Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Villa not much less than that. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but how can they disagree with the price when we are charging a few quid less for second flight matches?

I didn’t say they was, I pointed out that they have an option to influence what price derby fans pay, even if they can’t directly alter the actual price of the ticket.

Pretty sure we have a different price structure for the FA Cup recently, sonot sure what we change other clubs has to do with it.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

That's generally the rule Cannable with league games hence why some times we take smaller allocations at first and then it rises depending on how they sell. Some years ago this wasn't the case and full allocation was just offered.

Presume it will be the same for the cup yes. I know if we had the extra allocation we would have definitely lost out on them if they were not sold hence offer not taken up.

Not that I think we will sell out but do youvknow if we have the possibility of extra tickets should we sell  the first lot? Also does the club having to buy unsold tickets apply to the initial 5000?  if, as i expect we sell around 3000 do we owe them 90 grand for the unsold tickets? 

No way. 

We were so looking forward to this, but total ticket cost for us would have been £152.25.....I just refuse to pay that amount, particularly just after christmas when everyone is feeling skint.

its quite sickening the way in which regular fans on regular wages are exploited.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Nothing to stop Derby subsiding their 40% take for the away fans.  This way they could show that whilst they can’t do anything about the price, they dont agree with it.   

We get 40% of overall NET profit. As it’s not on telly the net profit will not be quite the windfall we could have initially expected. Subtract the cost of unsold tickets and I’m not sure there is massive Leaway for discounts. Possibly help with travel at best I suspect 

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We get 40% of overall NET profit. As it’s not on telly the net profit will not be quite the windfall we could have initially expected. Subtract the cost of unsold tickets and I’m not sure there is massive Leaway for discounts. Possibly help with travel at best I suspect 

Is this a new rule? Having just googled as I don’t have a scooby all I can find is a percentage of gate receipts ? How can you determine net profit for a cup tie in the first instance, so when we charged a tenner did we make a loss, seems a strange rule if true.

edit: I see what you mean by net now, and I’m sure that the costs involved would not have much effect on the overall revenue both clubs will make.

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Is this a new rule? Having just googled as I don’t have a scooby all I can find is a percentage of gate receipts ? How can you determine net profit for a cup tie in the first instance, so when we charged a tenner did we make a loss, seems a strange rule if true.

edit: I see what you mean by net now, and I’m sure that the costs involved would not have much effect on the overall revenue both clubs will make.

Net takes out police costs, stewards etc so will have a big effect. Tv is where most profit is made. This isn’t a new rule but no idea exactly what we will make I’m afraid, just suspect it won’t be millions but somewhere in the lower hundreds of thousands. Which is why I suspect any help towards fans costs, will be transport related 

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Do they check on the gates couldn't everyone buy under 16 tickets.

At Derby a light comes on when a junior ticket is used. Stewards are supposed to watch for misuse. No idea if this is used elsewhere and how stringent the checks are

8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Net takes out police costs, stewards etc so will have a big effect. Tv is where most profit is made. This isn’t a new rule but no idea exactly what we will make I’m afraid, just suspect it won’t be millions but somewhere in the lower hundreds of thousands. Which is why I suspect any help towards fans costs, will be transport related 

Not so sure I agree that the TV will make that much difference.  A quick google shows that we would get around 150k for being on TV, whereas the total gate receipts will be around 3 million, which even net would equate to around a million for the club.  5000 tickets at 20 quid would come to 100k, so still a good pay day.

Maybe my figures are way out, and also my understanding is that we only get charged for any ticket unsold above our initial allocation, so no risk there if true.

38 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not so sure I agree that the TV will make that much difference.  A quick google shows that we would get around 150k for being on TV, whereas the total gate receipts will be around 3 million, which even net would equate to around a million for the club.  5000 tickets at 20 quid would come to 100k, so still a good pay day.

Maybe my figures are way out, and also my understanding is that we only get charged for any ticket unsold above our initial allocation, so no risk there if true.

Unless the initial allocation was 3000? So many black holes that even the FA Rules are hard to decipher.

Man Utd will argue they could sell the tickets but then if we end up with unsold tickets, and then they don't sell out, are we liable. Then you could bring into question the legality that season ticket holders of Man Utd are forced into purchasing tickets. 

There will be empty seats everywhere.

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Not as big as many people think,I suspect. For stewards etc you're talking casual pay for an evening's work and match officials' expenses won't be that much.If you look at the largest expense,policing,in 15/16 Utd were charged £925k for the whole season,so add on a bit of inflation and do the maths (the article I saw didn't specify if this was purely Prem League games).

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Interesting one,this. If the steep price put off very large numbers of our fans,then the club could potentially miss out on 40% take from such fans (the match expenses would have been borne already,so any additional tickets would attract the full 40%,if you see what I mean). The tricky thing would be to try and predict the subsidy required to get these fans to 'bite'.I suspect that if the tickets were subsidised,the club would lose a bit,but not spectacularly. It wouldn't lose out to the total extent of such subsidy because of its additional take on extra tickets sold (for those priced at £45,that's an extra £16 per ticket,which covers the subsidy for that ticket and also contributes £6 towards subsidies of those who would have gone anyway,if you pitched the subsidy @ £10/ticket for this class)   

8 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Not disputing any of your figures as mine as stated are pure guesswork. But if we make around a million then happy days. I still feel any help will be towards travel if at all. It may pay for a loan player in January if we need a push to help secure a play off spot

If you live by principles ( which I think people should) then you should stick by them £45 for a Friday night game with heavy traffic to watch what will be Reserve Team Football is a joke, as anindividual some may well go but if you are paying for more than yourself it gets beyond expensive for the whole trip, I would have gone at £25 but not when I consider a football club is simply taking the **** and by that I mean the ones in Manchester 

49 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Not disputing any of your figures as mine as stated are pure guesswork. But if we make around a million then happy days. I still feel any help will be towards travel if at all. It may pay for a loan player in January if we need a push to help secure a play off spot . However the refund must apply to the  initial allocation, if not we would have just taken the full amount we are entitled too  the reason we didn’t was to avoid buying the extras

Archived