FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Man Utd (A)

JDCFC75

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The band comparison doesn't make sense - you go to see even your favourite band a handful of times over their career (if you're a normal person) and the standard of performance is more or less known beforehand, football is a weekly event and we could get smashed 5-0 and play terribly.

I could go on a massive rant about the social fabric of the working class being worn away and how the pricing out of fans is just the tip of the iceberg, but everyone knows the arguments and will have made their minds up about whether or not to go.

1 hour ago, David said:

You woke up with the intention of taking a swing at the club which is fair enough, after blaming it on Mel trying to recover costs for manager sacking compensation and being corrected you quickly shifted on to our home prices. 

Villa game is expensive, it is, whilst it's a second tier game it's also a game between 2 Midlands top 6 sides fighting for promotion, it's not a 3rd round FA Cup game with a possibility of weakened sides. Like I say with the 20% off you can effectively take an extra kid for free and be £2 better off for a swift half on the way.

Millwall the week after, 1x Adult £24, 2x Kids £16. Total £40.

Bristol City, 1x Adult £25, 2x Kids £2. Total £27 (Kids for a quid deal)

Season ticket prices were froze from last season, if we go up this year your season ticket will cost you nowt! Perspective here, the cheapest QPR season ticket is £80 more than Derby, Ipswich £100 more, Norwich £180 more.

Just think it's incredibly harsh to jump on the club for ticket prices when other clubs would have cashed in on our league finishes, in the recent price of football Derby were mid table for ticket prices and Derby have always been putting deals out. Some of which are thrown back at their faces as gimmicks. Fairs fair. 

That's not saying tickets could/should be cheaper across football, but in a world of crazy prices Derby are being pretty fair.

By the way the United ticket prices shouldn't come as a surprise, the prices were set out on their website for all FA Cup games. Reading fans recently paid it. They are a huge club and they will get away with it as it's a stadium that many fans want to see their team play which is why you will be there with your kids.

You took the bait on twitter..... which I was surprised with......

Admittedly, I know nothing about the rule changes...... but that tweet was firmly tongue in cheek..... thought you know me better than that. I’ll stand by what I said, Derby could always say know, or maybe even subsidise if they chose too.... and I’ll applaud Mel for that if he took that stance, he’s quick to talk about TV money etc..... so I hope he’s quick to talk about these ticket prices and maybe take umbrage..... with TV it’s all about the club, with ticket prices it’s all about the fans..... let’s hope he fights this corner with as just much enthusiasm as he’s done regarding TV rights.

Like I’ve said, I’m happy to take my two bits to this, as I know the chances are few and far between.....

Just find it funny we shout and moan about pricing for some fixtures all over social media..... whatever spin you put on the Villa game it’s a 2nd tier football game..... 

4 hours ago, Doodle said:

I love Derby and still love the FA Cup. I will go with my 2 sons. It’s the weekend b4 they return to uni. I will stay there the night, having a great time with the faint hope of a massive upset. Why exactly does that make me insane or stupid??

Because a club that rakes in hundreds of millions of pounds a year, pays it's players more in one year than most of us will earn in a lifetime, and could comfortably survive without even charging away fans, is charging £45 for tickets. Put into context, that is one days wages for someone earning minimum wage.

Fair play to you if you don't have an issue with it but there will be a lot out there that can genuinely not afford to pay that for tickets at this time of year.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Nothing on BT Sport 1 that Friday night.

C'mon they can still stick it on, so we don't have to suffer watching Liverpool v Everton on the BBC.

Its on a friday night cos of the telly isnt it? Cant see any other reason to move it. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Its on a friday night cos of the telly isnt it? Cant see any other reason to move it. 

It's not on TV, Man City are at home on the Saturday 3pm, guessing it's on advice from the Police. They both played at home the same day before a couple seasons back but it's not the norm.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Perspective...... if me and my two boys weren’t ST holders, it’d cost me not far off for the Villa game what it does for Man Utd, don’t just beat up them here..... our own and others do it..... before you moan..... look at ourselves too. Not saying it’s right in anyway for what it’s worth 

I think @David has made the point, but if I had to stump up for one of those two games,it would be Villa every time. It means something. It has importance and relevance. 

A 3rd round FA cup game against Man U might be a reasonable night out - although spending 2.5 hours on the M6 on a Friday evening doesn't sound like fun. But we aren't going to win the FA Cup. And I'd expect Villa to be a far better game.

Best way for Mel and the club to show to the world RamsTV is sticking the game on for FREE.

FREE advertising. Followed by thousands of new subscribers around the world, when the Rams show the world how to play the beautiful game of football and to give Manchester United a good walloping.

Up The Rams.

22 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I think @David has made the point, but if I had to stump up for one of those two games,it would be Villa every time. It means something. It has importance and relevance. 

A 3rd round FA cup game against Man U might be a reasonable night out - although spending 2.5 hours on the M6 on a Friday evening doesn't sound like fun. But we aren't going to win the FA Cup. And I'd expect Villa to be a far better game.

Not going to deny, better chance of result against Villa. But it’s a chance to sit with my young boys watching Derby play at Old Trafford. Not going to get to do that many times 

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It is the third round of the FA Cup the best weekend in the footballing calendar at the biggest football club in the world, stop moaning and get it paid, it will be great....we always win there...

Never knew we were playing away at Real Madrid in the champions league...

41 minutes ago, David said:

It's not on TV, Man City are at home on the Saturday 3pm, guessing it's on advice from the Police. They both played at home the same day before a couple seasons back but it's not the norm.

Possibly Utd Semi in League Cup following Tue so Sun they’d object to

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Not going to deny, better chance of result against Villa. But it’s a chance to sit with my young boys watching Derby play at Old Trafford. Not going to get to do that many times 

You and your boys can do it every season, starting in 2018. And you will all enjoy singing to the dirty Manx fans..........."You only came to see the Derby....came to see the Derby".......

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because a club that rakes in hundreds of millions of pounds a year, pays it's players more in one year than most of us will earn in a lifetime, and could comfortably survive without even charging away fans, is charging £45 for tickets. Put into context, that is one days wages for someone earning minimum wage.

Fair play to you if you don't have an issue with it but there will be a lot out there that can genuinely not afford to pay that for tickets at this time of year.

Rashford's on £1.04 million a year.

Lingard's on £1.3 million a year, but you'd have to go bit to earn, in a lifetime...

Pogba's £15.08 million a year.

Source: http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

Archived