FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Man Utd (A)

JDCFC75

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Angry at the prices but I don't appreciate being called an idiot either!

I certainly wouldn't call anyone for stupid for going to support their team, I would question your sanity though. 

The biggest problem here is the fans.  As long as people continue to pay these silly prices, the clubs will continue charging them.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perspective...... if me and my two boys weren’t ST holders, it’d cost me not far off for the Villa game what it does for Man Utd, don’t just beat up them here..... our own and others do it..... before you moan..... look at ourselves too. Not saying it’s right in anyway for what it’s worth 

15 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Perspective...... if me and my two boys weren’t ST holders, it’d cost me not far off for the Villa game what it does for Man Utd, don’t just beat up them here..... our own and others do it..... before you moan..... look at ourselves too. Not saying it’s right in anyway for what it’s worth 

For a full comparison, one is a game between two top 6 teams fighting for promotion in the league on Saturday.

Buy 4 or more tickets get 20% off.

The other is a 3rd Round FA Cup game with the possibility of weakened sides on a Friday night.

No offers.

17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I noticed the other week that our prices are getting ridiculous. £29 for Burton was it?! 

4 minutes ago, David said:

For a full comparison, one is a game between two top 6 teams fighting for promotion in the league on Saturday.

Buy 4 or more tickets get 20% off.

The other is a 3rd Round FA Cup game with the possibility of weakened sides on a Friday night.

No offers.

Total comparison, I’m quoting MY personal circumstance. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

I noticed the other week that our prices are getting ridiculous. £29 for Burton was it?! 

Think the price of a single ticket is a joke myself...... single tickets are pricing out the casual fan out of football......

Just now, David said:

Total suggestion, with the 20% off you could take one of your lads mates for free. 

Maybe so...... the main point I am making for all the noise us lot are making about the price set...... we and other clubs I hasten to add..... will quite happily charge a fair whack for a second tier game..... I’d like to see what Derby County might do this week now...... do they subsidise? Will they complain about the price? Or will they quite happily pocket the money without saying a word..... people will still go..... 

Im going to be one of them idiots who will, but it’s to be with my young boys who probably won’t get much chance to see Derby play away at old Trafford..... seeing as if we go up there wouldn’t be a chance of them getting a ticket.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Im going to be one of them idiots who will, but it’s to be with my young boys who probably won’t get much chance to see Derby play away at old Trafford..... seeing as if we go up there wouldn’t be a chance of them getting a ticket.

Me too, with my daughter, for the same reason as you. Still smacks of exploitation though, and I have a good deal of sympathy for the Man Utd season ticket holders who will have their accounts debited automatically for tickets for this match whether they want to watch the mighty Rams or not.

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Maybe so...... the main point I am making for all the noise us lot are making about the price set...... we and other clubs I hasten to add..... will quite happily charge a fair whack for a second tier game..... I’d like to see what Derby County might do this week now...... do they subsidise? Will they complain about the price? Or will they quite happily pocket the money without saying a word..... people will still go..... 

That's exactly the reason I am going, my lad is 16 and never been to old Trafford, so I will pay the price for this reason, not saying it's right but if you want to see a popular band say like u2 or Take That you would pay over 100 pound for one ticket, and if we cause a shock it would be worth treble the asking price, stranger things have happened, when does it go sale for season ticket holders?. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

You woke up with the intention of taking a swing at the club which is fair enough, after blaming it on Mel trying to recover costs for manager sacking compensation and being corrected you quickly shifted on to our home prices. 

Villa game is expensive, it is, whilst it's a second tier game it's also a game between 2 Midlands top 6 sides fighting for promotion, it's not a 3rd round FA Cup game with a possibility of weakened sides. Like I say with the 20% off you can effectively take an extra kid for free and be £2 better off for a swift half on the way.

Millwall the week after, 1x Adult £24, 2x Kids £16. Total £40.

Bristol City, 1x Adult £25, 2x Kids £2. Total £27 (Kids for a quid deal)

Season ticket prices were froze from last season, if we go up this year your season ticket will cost you nowt! Perspective here, the cheapest QPR season ticket is £80 more than Derby, Ipswich £100 more, Norwich £180 more.

Just think it's incredibly harsh to jump on the club for ticket prices when other clubs would have cashed in on our league finishes, in the recent price of football Derby were mid table for ticket prices and Derby have always been putting deals out. Some of which are thrown back at their faces as gimmicks. Fairs fair. 

That's not saying tickets could/should be cheaper across football, but in a world of crazy prices Derby are being pretty fair.

By the way the United ticket prices shouldn't come as a surprise, the prices were set out on their website for all FA Cup games. Reading fans recently paid it. They are a huge club and they will get away with it as it's a stadium that many fans want to see their team play which is why you will be there with your kids.

Do Man Utd season tickets have to pay 45quid though? Be intersted to know.
I'll still be amazed at the amount of derby fans that will go at that price. But then theres a lot of people who just accept things the way they are after a little grumble, rather and voting with their feet.

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I certainly wouldn't call anyone for stupid for going to support their team, I would question your sanity though. 

The biggest problem here is the fans.  As long as people continue to pay these silly prices, the clubs will continue charging them.

I love Derby and still love the FA Cup. I will go with my 2 sons. It’s the weekend b4 they return to uni. I will stay there the night, having a great time with the faint hope of a massive upset. Why exactly does that make me insane or stupid??

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

That's exactly the reason I am going, my lad is 16 and never been to old Trafford, so I will pay the price for this reason, not saying it's right but if you want to see a popular band say like u2 or Take That you would pay over 100 pound for one ticket, and if we cause a shock it would be worth treble the asking price, stranger things have happened, when does it go sale for season ticket holders?. 

Just seen recently that Little Mix are in Derby next summer, £45 to £65. For a kid. 

Expensive family day out that would be!

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Do Man Utd season tickets have to pay 45quid though? Be intersted to know.
I'll still be amazed at the amount of derby fans that will go at that price. But then theres a lot of people who just accept things the way they are after a little grumble, rather and voting with their feet.

But I would spend 50 pound in the pub on a Saturday or Friday night, and if I went out with my other half for a meal I would spend 60 pound plus easy, you can't take it with you mate, we all have a right to spend our hard earned cash on want we choose and for me to take my lad to old Trafford for the first time is a no brainier.

1 hour ago, David said:

FA Cup Rule 20 now states that:

(ii) Competition Proper

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans

Fair enough the rules state derby haven’t agreed to it ?

Archived