Derby County v Ipswich Town

B4ev6is

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Another poor first 45 minutes.

I don't blame the front 4, the 2 DMs play so deep the opposition can easily swamp our forwards and snuff out their threat. Rarely did we play the ball out from defence without resorting to the long ball. The second half saw Ledley and Huddlestone more involved in the Ipswich half and we had far more chances.

Vydra put in a great shift despite his scoring boots being elsewhere

Totally agree our 2 defensive mids are far to deep at home,it may Work away when we need to keep our shape and counter but at home they need to be 10 yards further forward like they did 2nd half and on another night we would have taken our chances and won comfortably ??

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was a lack of movement.

Often the player making the pass was stationary as if about to hit a golf drive. Running forward, and playing a shorter pass, possibly a 1-2 seems to be totally alien.

last night was crying out bryson and hu.....

to Specsavers with the team to find out why they can't spot the runners and pick out a pass to a white shirt.

Gotcha!

Seriously though the amount of runs the front three made that were totally wasted as the back 4 decided a sideways pass was better was ludicrous.

The front movement was there just not picked up.

Disappointing not to capitalise on the game in hand. We are susceptible to teams who sit back at home. Our style needs changing at home regardless of how effective it is away.

We still could have won with the chances we created but that's football.

Martin, Russell and Thorne in for Saturday in my opinion. Burton will set up tough to beat. We need Martin and some runners off him to unlock them and a bit more urgency in midfield.

We all know Burton are going to come and use the same tactics. Gary in is interview said we have got to find a way to open up teams that come and sit deep. This happens so many times at home and yet it seems we don't know how to handle it.

We need players who can take on several defenders and beat them, it's the only way. If we can't get this type of player we will continue to struggle again and again against teams who use these tactics. ;)

10 hours ago, Ninos said:

True. He offers no goals (missed a moderately difficult chance) gives the ball away no end barks at Thorne on excellent through ball but made a terrible run and wasn’t looking and then contributed a few flicks and back passes ... he also applies zero pressure. Some on here love both him and Mcclaren and will find any crumb of quality to make a case for him ... 

lawrence and Fozzy were immensely worse this evening but you’re right he offered little ... and the proof is in the pudding - scored zero set up zero.

I too have had players that I disliked to the point of irrationality, obsessively, so I can sympathise with you.

I once went to watch a Chelsea - Forest cup game with my Forest-supporting brother (don't ask) and spent the entire game shouting "You're sh*** LeBoeuf" whenever I thought Frank LeBoeuf was close enough to hear me, which was for most of the 90 mins.

I've never done it to a Derby player, though.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I too have had players that I disliked to the point of irrationality, obsessively, so I can sympathise with you.

I once went to watch a Chelsea - Forest cup game with my Forest-supporting brother (don't ask) and spent the entire game shouting "You're sh*** LeBoeuf" whenever I thought Frank LeBoeuf was close enough to hear me, which was for most of the 90 mins.

I've never done it to a Derby player, though.

Aaah,common mistake to make.

You need to fit your ninos goggles on........they distort reality,ensuring you have an unlimited and irrational capacity to despise ex Norwich wardrobes.

nerd-glasses-big.jpg

Infuriating game. Any other night, any other team, and we'd have been fine. Cracking save by their keeper to keep Huddlestone's shot out. Vydra's otherwise laser accuracy appeared to desert him, doubly annoying considering his allround play was good. How he didn't get a penalty for holding in the box is beyond me. Or a penalty for Thorne's run either.

I hate Ipswich and I hate Mick.

For those moaning about Derby's football not being pretty enough, at least we haven't regressed as far as that in search of results.

1 minute ago, DC-1975 said:

Agree with this. I think Luke Thomas is the only player at the club who can take on defenders and draw them into challenges.

I was disappointed to see 3 defenders on the bench when Wisdom, Baird or Huddlestone could fill in at centre back, there was no need for Pearce. Thomas on the bench would have offered something different, even if it was only for the last 10 minutes.

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, DC-1975 said:

Agree with this. I think Luke Thomas is the only player at the club who can take on defenders and draw them into challenges.

I was disappointed to see 3 defenders on the bench when Wisdom, Baird or Huddlestone could fill in at centre back, there was no need for Pearce. Thomas on the bench would have offered something different, even if it was only for the last 10 minutes.

Yes it was a somewhat disappointing bench. I agree with you that he’s our best solution. He’s creative attacking and very menacing. If we didn’t have him in our club and we’d seen him play we’d all be begging for Derby to go buy him. That type of player is the missing ingredient, with Thorne in there too perhaps ... the naysayers will just say he’s too young etc etc but Gary needs to run with this one ...

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes it was a somewhat disappointing bench. I agree with you that he’s our best solution. He’s creative attacking and very menacing. If we didn’t have him in our club and we’d seen him play we’d all be begging for Derby to go buy him. That type of player is the missing ingredient, with Thorne in there too perhaps ... the naysayers will just say he’s too young etc etc but Gary needs to run with this one ...

No player is ever too young if your good enough then your good enough no .after what age you are, it' the only way these players are going to improve more is 1st team football it' as simple as that! Hughes and Hendrick both come into the first team at a young age and now look at them two, it is so annoying when people are too young it's a load of s***

On Fozzy:

I felt Fozzy was particularly bad yesterday but if you watch the highlights you see not one but SIX mistakes over about 30 seconds. And that’s just for the play that led up to the goal ! He committed worse ones later.

First his initial clearance is a random long ball hoof back to them, then he gets totally skinned by Waghorn, then another long ball hoof back to them, then a lost header, then he lets a very dangerous cross in, then on the resulting ball out, he gives a cheap corner away that leads directly to their training ground goal. He seems to love to give corners away ... 

I mean seriously this is our starting left back. Later on as a contrast watch how Baird just stone cold dispossesses their winger  ... and I was chastised for suggesting Christie was stronger defensively 

We should move Baird to the left back slot and put Andre back in at RB; but I do think he’s gonna get dropped as I don’t think GR has not noticed Forsyth’s issues

45 minutes ago, Ninos said:

On Fozzy:

I felt Fozzy was particularly bad yesterday but if you watch the highlights you see not one but SIX mistakes over about 30 seconds. And that’s just for the play that led up to the goal ! He committed worse ones later.

First his initial clearance is a random long ball hoof back to them, then he gets totally skinned by Waghorn, then another long ball hoof back to them, then a lost header, then he lets a very dangerous cross in, then on the resulting ball out, he gives a cheap corner away that leads directly to their training ground goal. He seems to love to give corners away ... 

I mean seriously this is our starting left back. Later on as a contrast watch how Baird just stone cold dispossesses their winger  ... and I was chastised for suggesting Christie was stronger defensively 

We should move Baird to the left back slot and put Andre back in at RB; but I do think he’s gonna get dropped as I don’t think GR has not noticed Forsyth’s issues

Anyone in a white shirt I support but I’ve never been a fan of Forsyth. Love him to become an outstanding player. I bow to the regulars who see him week in week out and he has many fans judging by this forum, but his passing has been very poor when I’ve witnessed it. 

1. I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like we played alright and when watching the highlights it looks like we played alright, some alright passes and moves, so I'm alright.

What I'm not alright with, is the couple of plonkers that were in the van, parked outside the ground according to Craig Rammage, that send the officials the goal line signal, they clearly pressed the Yes button instead of the No button regarding the goal decision. Not sure if they were too excited to be at Pride Park, too excited with the doll in the van or whether the Sussex Police had wound them up!

1-2-3 YES!..........Del & Rodney are Tractor fans.....

17 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Anyone in a white shirt I support but I’ve never been a fan of Forsyth. Love him to become an outstanding player. I bow to the regulars who see him week in week out and he has many fans judging by this forum, but his passing has been very poor when I’ve witnessed it. 

I think he's still off the pace after missing so much football. Those four games will be good for his fitness, but I feel like Olsson will get the nod for the game against Burton.

Archived