Will Hughes Watch

Day

3 minutes ago, David said:

Nope, would look like Rowett admitting we shouldn't have got rid and Hughes not cut out for the Premier League. 

If we see him in a Derby shirt again he'll be over 30 and looking even more like Albert Steptoe, finally complete his "dream" of playing for us in the Premier League.

I hope it doesn't take us that long.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can this thread be locked. Hughes as gone never to return, he is no longer a Derby player. Why are we talking about an ex player who will be sitting in the stands at Watford all season. Then sold on at the start of the next, when Watford do their customary manager change and he is not wanted by the new manager.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Can this thread be locked. Hughes as gone never to return, he is no longer a Derby player. Why are we talking about an ex player who will be sitting in the stands at Watford all season. Then sold on at the start of the next, when Watford do their customary manager change and he is not wanted by the new manager.

Its in the general football section. I'm interested how he gets on.

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Why would you want it locked because you don't want to read it? If the consensus is that nobody wants to read or add to it, it will just fade away. Personally, I have an interest in his career, he has to force his way into the squad but that will come. I certainly wish he was still with us as I am finding it tiresome the number  of times we are giving the ball away.

12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Don't like it don't read it ,the fact it's still around means folk are interested.:thumbsup:

Every now and then for one reason or another I get round to watching the odd youtube clip.

I've just watched the 7 minute video of young Will's performance against Leeds, then this next one here on this link (another brilliant vid courtesy of derbygoals by the way!!)

I'm telling you, those who doubt his ability are having a bit of a giggle. I don't really care that he wasn't dominating games as much as he used to, that is entirely down to Derby changing the way Will played, the same with Bryson. Manager after manager stifling the players natural abilities. Let them both do what they do best and they'll produce.

How can anyone not see Will is class? He just needs to be told to go out and play his natural game, any team that can give him a semi free role will reap the rewards and yes I mean at Premier League level as well. 

Let the lad go back to enjoying his game, look at some of the moments he can produce. You can't teach that kind of talent, you shouldn't coach it out of him either.

On 24/09/2017 at 19:51, 1of4 said:

You called for the thread to be locked because you dont think theres anything worth discussing. Then you immediately went on the speculate on how his career at Watford could go. 

What does that make you?

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Every now and then for one reason or another I get round to watching the odd youtube clip.

I've just watched the 7 minute video of young Will's performance against Leeds, then this next one here on this link (another brilliant vid courtesy of derbygoals by the way!!)

I'm telling you, those who doubt his ability are having a bit of a giggle. I don't really care that he wasn't dominating games as much as he used to, that is entirely down to Derby changing the way Will played, the same with Bryson. Manager after manager stifling the players natural abilities. Let them both do what they do best and they'll produce.

How can anyone not see Will is class? He just needs to be told to go out and play his natural game, any team that can give him a semi free role will reap the rewards and yes I mean at Premier League level as well. 

Let the lad go back to enjoying his game, look at some of the moments he can produce. You can't teach that kind of talent, you shouldn't coach it out of him either.

That video is as good as anything i saw in the 70's. Will Hughes would have been one of our best players in any era.

21 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Just watched that....anyone who thinks he isn't in the top 3 players ever to play for us is a crazy fool....

Archived