Will Hughes Watch

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just watched that....anyone who thinks he isn't in the top 3 players ever to play for us is a crazy fool....

I must be a crazy fool then, hes good but....

Probably would get no where nead a top 10 list of players to ever play for us & wouldn't get in an all time 11

There were four better players in Jim Smiths 97 side for a start. Eranio, Wanchope, Stimac & Baiano were all better than Hughes in my opinion. Hughes was a good player for us at this level but certainly not top 3  

3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Probably would get no where nead a top 10 list of players to ever play for us & wouldn't get in an all time 11

There were four better players in Jim Smiths 97 side for a start. Eranio, Wanchope, Stimac & Baiano were all better than Hughes in my opinion. Hughes was a good player for us at this level but certainly not top 3  

Wanchope wouldn't get in a top 100 derby players..!! 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Wanchope wouldn't get in a top 100 derby players..!! 

Neither would Hughes then because he's better than What Hughes was

If he wouldnt get in the top 100 name 100 better players than Wanchope then? Scored the greatest goal in the clubs history as voted for by the Derby fans  

Anyway theres still at least three players from one season that are better than Hughes  thats without taking into account title winning sides  

11 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Neither would Hughes then because he's better than What Hughes was

If he wouldnt get in the top 100 name 100 better players than Wanchope then? Scored the greatest goal in the clubs history as voted for by the Derby fans  

Anyway theres still at least three players from one season that are better than Hughes  thats without taking into account title winning sides  

I had a conversation last night about William with a friend of mine and he ended the chat with "anyone who cant see that Hughes is a class act and one of, if not the best player in our history just knows nothing about football" I think that is pretty much exactly right.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I had a conversation last night about William with a friend of mine and he ended the chat with "anyone who cant see that Hughes is a class act and one of, if not the best player in our history just knows nothing about football" I think that is pretty much exactly right.

Oh then it must be right then... he's clearly better than a player thats played for AC Milan & won a champions league. 

Better than every player that played under clough in the 70s 

A youngster that hasn't played above the second teir in english football & struggled to hold a place in the england under 21 side. He was decent but our best player ever? you're on the wind up 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Don't believe you - reckon you were looking in the mirror! In the 40 years I've been watching the Rams, Will has been the home-grown player with the greatest potential but for various reasons he has not progressed in the last 3 years. Top class players can change a game around by themselves but I struggle to think of many examples where he has managed to do this. Yes there have been cameos but that's not enough to put him, in my opinion, in the top 10 players I've seen in a Derby shirt and that doesn't include any of the Championship-winning sides of the 70's. He still has time on his side but I doubt the move to Watford will prove to have been in his best interests, though as far as we're told, no other club was prepared to take a chance with him. If he was that good, surely someone else would have?

Loved watching him, wish he was still here.

11 hours ago, David said:

Go and sit in the shade for a bit

Why is that controversial? From the days of Steve bloomer, the 1946 team and the 1970s teams. Even in the 1990s we had Eranio, Stimac and co. Before that Shilton, Wright and Saunders and co. 

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why is that controversial? From the days of Steve bloomer, the 1946 team and the 1970s teams. Even in the 1990s we had Eranio, Stimac and co. Before that Shilton, Wright and Saunders and co. 

Yes but Wanchope, Baiano, Eranio, Stimac, Poom was my golden day, first season at PP, my first season ticket. Every single one of those players I love more than my missus. If Moosepack wants to knock them I'll ban him!

Grass isn't always greener... I really don't get fans obsession with Hughes.

he was very technically gifted I would admit but was no where near strong enough, he got far too easily bullied and would do nothing all game apart from a few fancy flicks. Always thought Hendrick was a Bette replayed than Hughes.

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

he was very technically gifted I would admit but was no where near strong enough, he got far too easily bullied and would do nothing all game apart from a few fancy flicks. Always thought Hendrick was a Bette replayed than Hughes.

Unfortunately sometimes what the truly gifted players do will often go unnoticed by a lot of fans.

Look how many reacted to Michael Carrick, yet he was one of the first names on Fergusons team sheet.

15 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

When was he ever easily bullied?

Never gave the ball away

Archived