Will Hughes Watch

Day

25 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd say he isn't even suited to the premier league where it's all power & pace.  The fact that Cha-Labrador is getting starts for them so soon after his move, despite him having inferior technique.  

He'd be better suited to Spain or Italy, which isn't great, because players like him a ten a penny abroad...

Yeah I've seen Watford play a couple of times on tv this season and they look a strong, powerful, fast unit.  I want Will to do well but he'll do well to break into and nail down a spot in that team. 

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely gutted for him that he's not getting games. Was hoping he'd be ripping it up and showing what a talent he is at the highest level.

Supremely talented footballer but needs to effect games more and have more end product, otherwise he'll be a prospect who ends up plying his trade in the championship 

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

It used to be Chelsea & Man City that would buy up promising young English players and effectively end their careers... are Watford doing it now? 

f****** Watford!?!?!

Yes I expect they are. Look at the make up of their team today. Very few English players, just there to make up the quota on the subs' bench really.

I feel for Will as he's a bright young man who needs to be playing football at this stage of his career. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes I expect they are. Look at the make up of their team today. Very few English players, just there to make up the quota on the subs' bench really.

I feel for Will as he's a bright young man who needs to be playing football at this stage of his career. 

Maybe signing for Watford wasn't too bright. If he's fully fit then not even making the bench must be a major concern for him.

He's more active on Instagram stories, seems to be watching a lot of TV. Premier League season is only 6 games in, if we're start heading into November and he's yet to even see a bench I wouldn't be surprised if calls start going in to his agent for a loan move.

Not Derby, wouldn't happen, not this soon after leaving. If he does go out on loan would be nice to see him go to Europe, Spain would be ideal if a club was willing to provide sun cream, poor lad would crisp out there.

15 minutes ago, David said:

He's more active on Instagram stories, seems to be watching a lot of TV. Premier League season is only 6 games in, if we're start heading into November and he's yet to even see a bench I wouldn't be surprised if calls start going in to his agent for a loan move.

Not Derby, wouldn't happen, not this soon after leaving. If he does go out on loan would be nice to see him go to Europe, Spain would be ideal if a club was willing to provide sun cream, poor lad would crisp out there.

I'm not sure we would go for him anyway, didn't seem to get much of a look under rowett.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'm not sure we would go for him anyway, didn't seem to get much of a look under rowett.

Nope, would look like Rowett admitting we shouldn't have got rid and Hughes not cut out for the Premier League. 

If we see him in a Derby shirt again he'll be over 30 and looking even more like Albert Steptoe, finally complete his "dream" of playing for us in the Premier League.

Archived