Will Hughes Watch

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't they say 28/29 is peak age for outfield players? After that you are on your way down. The only position where age is not really relevant is goalkeeper.

Thorne has proven he can play at Championship level. 

Huddlestone has proven he can play at Premier League, Champions League and International level.

There really is no comparison to be made at this point in time. 

It's not just about circumstances in my opinion, over time players will nearly always find their right level. 

Players who don't progress as expected may lose confidence but recovering from set backs is an important part of being a footballer.

Not nowadays.  Advances in conditioning has upped that to around 30/31 for a lot of midfielders, depending on their roles.  Pirlo's game went up a level once Conte played him between Marchisio & Vidal at Juve, he was 32 at the time...

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Not nowadays.  Advances in conditioning has upped that to around 30/31 for a lot of midfielders, depending on their roles.  Pirlo's game went up a level once Conte played him between Marchisio & Vidal at Juve, he was 32 at the time...

Worth baring in mind as well that young Pirlo was an average at best #10!

No Will on the bench today. Ince has played every minute of Huddersfield's league games and yet to score or assist.

They were probably our best 2 players too. Are we light years behind the Prem or is it just circumstances?

Saying that, Jeff wasn't a definite starter for us yet he is a big part of a good Burnley team.

Not going to be easy right now for him to get in the team, Watford are doing well so not really a lot to justify him replacing someone else. Probably have to wait for suspensions and injuries, or form dips over the winter months.

We will probably see him play at Pride Park when we draw them in the 3rd round of the cup.

Hope if he doesnt look like playing he can sit down with the manager and get a loan in January, probably be a championship club but wont be us, just hope if he does he goes to a decent team and not Forest or someone like that.

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

i really hope not.

Wolves would probably be a good loan move for him, should they reach the promised land, they might be the sort of club that would then try and buy him if all went well; effectively a Watford from a couple of years ago.

I know a championship club and manager who would give their back teeth to have Will on loan in January.

I know a championship club and manager that would get him playing again.

I can dream until January 31st at least.

If Will doesn't break into the Watford side before then I'd still be mildly surprised.

Archived