Will Hughes Watch

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

My mistake :lol:

There was a rule before you could have some players over 21, not sure if there still is.

Have to be under 21 on 1st Jan at the start of the qualifying campaign. 

Hence you could get several aged 23 by the time the tournament finals are played, as was the case this summer :)

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Have to be under 21 on 1st Jan at the start of the qualifying campaign. 

Hence you could get several aged 23 by the time the tournament finals are played, as was the case this summer :)

Im sure it used to be you could play sa many players over 21, seem to recall Gary Bailey playing until he was 26 or something.

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im sure it used to be you could play sa many players over 21, seem to recall Gary Bailey playing until he was 26 or something.

Maybe so. Definitely changed now buddy.

Did find it in something more official, but this article keeps the current rules simple

http://www.theweek.co.uk/85975/england-under-21-why-are-four-23-year-olds-in-the-squad

26 minutes ago, David said:

After a taste of a Premier League subs bench, found himself back in the stands. Got to give the lad a chance soon surely.

The problem for Hughes is that lesser Premier League teams often try to 'survive' by having a larger physical presence in midfield - big blokes who can run about a lot and get stuck in. Not Hughes' game on the whole. Watford is not a great fit for him and I suspect he was badly advised.

Just seen Tom Cleverley lose the ball from behind. He's got pace and a bit of bravery over Hughes, but it's sad seeing him ahead of Hughes in the pecking order.

Looks like he'd be more in a fight for a place with Doucore though? 

Theyve got strong competition for Midfield that's for sure.

Just now, blackNwhites said:

Just seen Tom Cleverley lose the ball from behind. He's got pace and a bit of bravery over Hughes, but it's sad seeing him ahead of Hughes in the pecking order.

Looks like he'd be more in a fight for a place with Doucore though? 

Theyve got strong competition for Midfield that's for sure.

Doucoure's been doing really well for them, but nobody can tell me Cleverley's a better player than Hughes.

8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Doucoure's been doing really well for them, but nobody can tell me Cleverley's a better player than Hughes.

I think the fact that he's made over 100 Premier League appearances and 13 full international appearances show that a lot of people would tell you he's a better player than Hughes.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

... have to think that even if Rowett wasn’t keen, with our midfield options he’d have been playing regularly for us by now.

Not so sure. But Rowett would have put himself under pressure to play him, as it wouldn't go down well with some fans if he didn't.

On 14/10/2017 at 17:48, G STAR RAM said:

I think the fact that he's made over 100 Premier League appearances and 13 full international appearances show that a lot of people would tell you he's a better player than Hughes.

Hate arguments that centre around X playing Y games for Z.

Claude Davis has played more Premier League games than Keogh!

Archived