Huddlestone

He's so slow and immobile that when teams run at us he gets bypassed. 

Sure, he's a good passer, but he's not having enough influence on games that his lack of defensive ability can be overlooked.

Textbook example, their second goal. He doesn't have the pace/agility/thought to track the goalscorer who happens to be his man.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

The one massive issue for me. Should have had Butterfield in there.

Sheffield Star after Villa game

JACOB BUTTERFIELD - 9 One of the best Wednesday performances of this season by any player. Butterfield was peerless; breaking up play, playing neat passes and setting up attacks, all of which allowed Bannan to better fulfill his role

20 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Sheffield Star after Villa game

JACOB BUTTERFIELD - 9 One of the best Wednesday performances of this season by any player. Butterfield was peerless; breaking up play, playing neat passes and setting up attacks, all of which allowed Bannan to better fulfill his role

I’m really not reading the ‘Butterfield is what we need’ posts now? The Reading game was a shocker but surely not that bad. 

As a Derby fan I hope he finds the form we want from him. He has undoubted class. That’s why he was able to play for Tottenham and England. He will never be fleet of foot but his passing ability is unquestionable.

One thing’s for sure. He ain’t going to get any better with everyone slagging him off.

30 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

As a Derby fan I hope he finds the form we want from him. He has undoubted class. That’s why he was able to play for Tottenham and England. He will never be fleet of foot but his passing ability is unquestionable.

One thing’s for sure. He ain’t going to get any better with everyone slagging him off.

I don't think it's about finding form , I don't think he's out of form . He is what he is. If that suits our current style is debatable? 

Archived