Huddlestone

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Many think the sign of a great player is lots of energy irrespective of the impact, many are wrong.  We are an average/good championship side and Hudds has rare skills, mobility isn't one of them but you can any with that 'skill'

Warrants the Pirlo role 

29 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Disagree entirely. 

In all honesty it kinda depends eg Eustave didn’t need to be mobile because his positioning and presence were spot on. He made it look easy. Huddlestone tries to make it look easy and on the process makes it look like a calamity of errors.

I am being a little tongue in cheek with the last comment. Huddlestone is ok but needs protection, by putting a striker like Nugent as your No. 10 Just gave Reading lots of room in midfield and it was like a knife through butter with their passimeg. So to the actual point of the thread, yes some of the problems are down to him but not all of it

Huddlestone has been finished for a number of seasons. He only played well last season when Marco Silva was there at Hull because his system protected Huddlestone and he moved him to the centre of a back 3. A once very good player but he reminds me of Fabregas in that you need two men to protect him by doing his running but the current system doesn't allow that

Huddlestone has one gear, so for me, for best effect he needs a couple around him with a few more.

A Seth Johnson or ratter as Ramage puts it would help. Don't think he's necessarily poor, just Johnson deep alongside today exposed him and us. 

Archived