Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A true test of how good we are. If we come through this with 3 points then you’ve got to believe something is happening. Lose and it’s basically indicative that we aren’t a top team in this league - yet.

Think Johnson will return to the starting lineup and Russell and Tom will keep their spots. Guessing Winnall or Nugent will get the nod up front. Not averse to Martin but dude can’t score and prob won’t score.  I’d prefer Thorne and Ledley with Johnson as the three centre mids but Rowett won’t pick Thorne to start. I’d also like to see Baird or Max Man in for Fozzy whos just so random in his distribution. And the sooner Luke Thomas gets promoted to the first team the better .

I would go for 

Carson

wisdom.  Keough.      Davies. Forsyth

Thorne.           Ledley

Johno 

lawrence.        Vydra.          Russell 

with vyds interchangeable with nugent or martin if ball retention up front is a problem but that's one very solid away side with pace up front to catch them on the break

3 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Hopefully after a tough two hour game Norwich will be well tired with groin strains and calf strains all around. They got a few bookings too!

Norwich played well last night. Was a performance away at a strong opposition that i think Rowett would have admired for large parts.

But they lost and will be knackered and perhaps a comedown after two big matches v up switch and arsenal.

Norwich number 9 last night was like Martin at his best with holdup play.

On 25/10/2017 at 01:19, Ninos said:

A true test of how good we are. If we come through this with 3 points then you’ve got to believe something is happening. Lose and it’s basically indicative that we aren’t a top team in this league - yet.

Think Johnson will return to the starting lineup and Russell and Tom will keep their spots. Guessing Winnall or Nugent will get the nod up front. Not averse to Martin but dude can’t score and prob won’t score.  I’d prefer Thorne and Ledley with Johnson as the three centre mids but Rowett won’t pick Thorne to start. I’d also like to see Baird or Max Man in for Fozzy whos just so random in his distribution. And the sooner Luke Thomas gets promoted to the first team the better .

Agree this is the moment to stand up and be counted. They're sixth and we go above them if we win (though probably won't enter a playoff spot). I hope we put in a performance. If we win I will be foolish and start to believe. Draw and the jury's out. 

I'm a great believer in playing people against their former clubs which would give Johnson and Martin a spot and make us more solid. In that case I'd rest Huddlestone and Nuge. Winnell will be back on the bench after not being allowed against Wednesday. Not sure who drops out but am sure Luke Thomas won't get a spot. And unless we sell Anya and Weimann in January he won't anytime soon apart from maybe the FA Cup third round. And based on his consistently excellent performances in the U23s it would be deserved. 

I don't buy this "they played in midweek so will be tired" rubbish. These are professional elite sportsmen. Expect a hard game at a ground we rarely do well at, and on the predictions thread gone for an optimistic 0-0, which will be a very good result.

For me, Johnson in for Huddlestone and the rest unchanged.

On 25/10/2017 at 01:19, Ninos said:

Not sure it’s quite that absolute. A tricky game, yes, but I’m struggling to see how a win means something special is happening and a defeat makes us not a top team. 

Archived