Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/10/2017 at 10:42, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think the team will be:

............................................Carson................................................

Wisdom...............Keogh.......................Davies...................Forsyth

.........................Huddlestone...............Ledley................................

Russell....................................Johnson........................Lawrence

.................................................Martin...............................................

Problem with this is that Martin will look isolated and ineffective without players around him. It would be too much like the 4-3-3 we had at Sunderland. I'd be inclined to axe Hudds for Johnson and Nugent for Martin. That way we have a bit more energy in the middle but gain from Martin's hold up play which will have far more impact with 3 energetic players around him.

In saying this I think GR will be hard pushed to change a winning side. Decisions decisions.

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
             Johnson Ledley
Russell         Vydra       Lawrence
                    Martin

Mitchell, Baird, Thorne, Hudds, Weimann, Nugent, Winnall

Let's finally see Martin and Vydra start a match together. Having Martin start will give us a chance of making it stick up front for a change. The defence and midfield have coped well with being under constant pressure, but it doesn't always have to be that way.

Smart money would be on a low score draw, 1-1 today, expecting a similar game to that v Brentford. 

Would like to see Martin and Johnson involved, always something about ex players returning that pop up with a goal.

Won’t have many pops today so it’s a day to be clinical, Martin ‘could’ help us keep the ball a little more, ease the pressure, big Nugent fan, love what he brings to the side but today we need something a little different up top.

With Norwich going into extra time v Arsenal in the week, you would expect/hope they will tire a little earlier, enter Nugent/Winnall, last thing they want to see late on, key to turning a draw into a win?

Stay solid, play that waiting game and opportunities will open up longer the game goes on.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Smart money would be on a low score draw, 1-1 today, expecting a similar game to that v Brentford. 

Would like to see Martin and Johnson involved, always something about ex players returning that pop up with a goal.

Won’t have many pops today so it’s a day to be clinical, Martin ‘could’ help us keep the ball a little more, ease the pressure, big Nugent fan, love what he brings to the side but today we need something a little different up top.

With Norwich going into extra time v Arsenal in the week, you would expect/hope they will tire a little earlier, enter Nugent/Winnall, last thing they want to see late on, key to turning a draw into a win?

Stay solid, play that waiting game and opportunities will open up longer the game goes on.

Good shout David I’m a bit nervous about this one.  

Gsry Rowett has a difficult team selection 

33 minutes ago, curtains said:

Good shout David I’m a bit nervous about this one.  

Gsry Rowett has a difficult team selection 

I suspect Rowett will keep us unchanged.

He can tell his side to give it absolutely everything safe in the knowledge that he has a very strong bench.

After a Sunday derby and 120 minutes midweek while we had our feet up, there can't be a better time to play them physically.

They're a good side, don't give much away...but I reckon we can beat them. C'mon you Rams.

Plenty of positive posts, also feeling positive today, and agree with others we should start Martin today, going for a 2-1 victory, if we win this it will set us up nicely for our midweek trip to Leeds, positive result today, will be a big positive for everyone involved with Derby. In Mr Rowett i trust.

Archived