Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Spending this weekend in a cabin in the mountains that has no WI-FI so will miss watching this one.

But anyway, I'd go with same team and while I think our form and how we have been playing, no reason can't go and get the win, but would be content with a draw tbh.

COYR.

Have a good time in the mountains AR.

30 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Spending this weekend in a cabin in the mountains that has no WI-FI so will miss watching this one.

But anyway, I'd go with same team and while I think our form and how we have been playing, no reason can't go and get the win, but would be content with a draw tbh.

COYR.

Are we talking "Cliffhanger" or are we talking....."Deliverance"....:huh:

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

COYR.

Halloween weekend in an isolated mountain cabin with no means of calling for help. What could possibly go wrong?

The wind howling outside. Or was it the wind? Perhaps it was something else?

"What do you mean you forgot to tell me it was haunted?"

Have a top time AR!

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 07:03, archied said:

I would go for 

Carson

wisdom.  Keough.      Davies. Forsyth

Thorne.           Ledley

Johno 

lawrence.        Vydra.          Russell 

with vyds interchangeable with nugent or martin if ball retention up front is a problem but that's one very solid away side with pace up front to catch them on the break

But Vydra is no good as a lone striker???

38 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

The first of two of the hardest away matches we will have this season. Hope people don't overreact if we scrap to two draws or win one lose one. Losing both disappointing but Vs Forest, Weds, Norwich and Leeds you'd have taken 7 points and a win Vs Forest wouldn't you?

I personally think 2 points or more in these next 2 games is a decent return.

As you say its two of the hardest away games all season.

Obviously 4 or 6 points would exceed my expectations.

an away win and a defeat would also be a good return.

Even 2 points, whereby, we stop a promotion rival from taking points off us, I think would be fair.

1 hour ago, Kennington Ram said:

The first of two of the hardest away matches we will have this season. Hope people don't overreact if we scrap to two draws or win one lose one. Losing both disappointing but Vs Forest, Weds, Norwich and Leeds you'd have taken 7 points and a win Vs Forest wouldn't you?

I would take anything better than two 3-0 defeats....can't give these 2 teams all the possession they like.....

Very tough to decide a lineup for this game. Will be an extremely tough game against an inform side so imo we should start the game with greater solidity prioritised over attacking fluidity. We’re not a good enough side to go to teams like Norwich all guns blazing so we may have to try and grind something out here. With that in mind:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Thorne

Johnson Ledley 

Russell Martin Lawrence

No reason to change the back 4, but I feel that extra man in midfield might be needed for the next couple of games to try and establish a foothold in the game, especially with that man being Thorne. Harsh on Huddlestone but think he’d be bypassed here. Martin needs to be in for his hold up play in away games like this as well, as much as I love nuge when we get the ball here it needs to stick. Desperately tried to think of a way to get Vydra in given he’s our greatest attacking threat but can’t see one. If we had a stronger spine I’d put him in for Russell, but I think we’ll need his defensive work.

Dont expect anything like the above mind, but imo at least Thorne and Martin must start this game.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very tough to decide a lineup for this game. Will be an extremely tough game against an inform side so imo we should start the game with greater solidity prioritised over attacking fluidity. We’re not a good enough side to go to teams like Norwich all guns blazing so we may have to try and grind something out here. With that in mind:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Thorne

Johnson Ledley 

Russell Martin Lawrence

No reason to change the back 4, but I feel that extra man in midfield might be needed for the next couple of games to try and establish a foothold in the game, especially with that man being Thorne. Harsh on Huddlestone but think he’d be bypassed here. Martin needs to be in for his hold up play in away games like this as well, as much as I love nuge when we get the ball here it needs to stick. Desperately tried to think of a way to get Vydra in given he’s our greatest attacking threat but can’t see one. If we had a stronger spine I’d put him in for Russell, but I think we’ll need his defensive work.

Dont expect anything like the above mind, but imo at least Thorne and Martin must start this game.

Thorne looks likely to be involved for the under 23s tonight.

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

Thorne looks likely to be involved for the under 23s tonight.

Hm I presume he’s not got the match fitness then. Makes 433 out the question then, would have to switch to a 4231 with Vydra in instead- maybe it would work better away with him up front and Martin as the midfielder behind?

I’d be half tempted to try and be more solid whilst keeping vydra in the team. To do that you could play something like 

Carson

wisdom   Keogh   Davies    Forsyth 

lawrence  hudd     Ledley    Johnson 

Nugent/Martin    Vydra

This can easily go to a 433 if not working. Johnson has historically had a lot of success on the left making late runs and I think he could get on the end of Lawrence’s crosses. Lawrence ahead of Russell for me because of his extra pace and his ability to cross with his right foot. I think a line up like this can be used in away matches where a point is a good result. 

Archived