‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Day

And some of you on here wanted Rowett sacked, after 6 games or less lol, listen Derby's biggest problem in the last 2 years have been sacking managers far to quickly, can some of you on here, please book mark this page? I belieave that in 2 years time or before Mr Rowett will get us to the premier league. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Judging by his post-match interview on RD he was far from happy with the performance. He gave a realistic assessment of the game but I'm sure he, as much as any fan, recognises the failings so far this season, irrespective of whether we won or lost. To listen to some supporters you'd get the impression he has his head stuck in the sand but, short of coming out and saying he needs to find a replacement for this player or that player, he knows what's needed to meet results and performance expectations.

Good news 

2 hours ago, Rambrah said:

The next couple of games will be a test away from home. How many points will we settle for? from them.

Stay unbeaten. Norwich are a good side on a good run but don't score many. Combined with our currently miserly defence we must be in with a sniff. The dirties obviously had a great start then a stutter. Good win today but again, i'm not terrified at the prospect.

If we could pull that off....Reading at home could be a proper opportunity to firm up a top 6 spot going into the break on the back of an 8 game unbeaten run.

How's that for positive?

5 hours ago, Rambrah said:

The next couple of games will be a test away from home. How many points will we settle for? from them.

0-1 not unexpected but proved we've not been humped no disaster.

3-decent

4-very good we may begetting there

6-time to anoint rowett as the genius who will take us up (until the next loss when he can be the worse manager since Jewell clueless worse than Pearson)

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Fantastic that the team are winning with the style of football that is being played however the team has been being overhauled since May 24h 2014,

we are now into the 6th management regime since that day

But 6 players who played on that day were in the team today.

“it ain’t going to be plain sailing is it”

#massiveunderstatement !

And that my friend is the very probem... 

how many mamagers have been overhauling the squad in that time... thats why we're the disjointed mess that we are 

when u look at that squad theres god knows how many managers different ideas and signings in it.

Some on big lengthly contracts that have proved hard to shift, so while rowett has had a degree of time when uv got little riggle room cos of a overhwelming wage bill.... and there was hardly a queue forming to take many of these said players off us one window isnt enough

Time and patience is needed i reckon 2 transfer windows and we'll be looking a lot prettier.

10 players out of contract in the summer.... happy fricking days 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

0-1 not unexpected but proved we've not been humped no disaster.

3-decent

4-very good we may begetting there

6-time to anoint rowett as the genius who will take us up (until the next loss when he can be the worse manager since Jewell clueless worse than Pearson)

For "proved" we know you meant to type "provided".

scorelines as well as results are very important in next 2 games because the away form is where the serious problems reveal themselves. 2 narrow defeats giving nil points will not be a problem if we have really competed. 

That said, Yesterday's home victory continued to show the papered-over cracks for me. After 5 minutes, Wednesday were a sparrow with an injured wing cornered by a cat. Yet for the following 85 minutes all we could do was paw them. Despite the extra player we didn't get behind them; I thought Lawrence would go on and be their real tormentor but he actually seemed to lose his appetite when he failed to convert the 1 v 1. 

I would have introduced Thorne and Martin at HT and I think a few threaded Thorne passes to Martin would have sliced them open at the back. Russell and Lawrence running beyond Martin would have been chief beneficiaries. 

In the end it's fairly academic; Kiefenbald is now very unlikely so the main issue really is the return to full match-sharp fitness for Thorne. Yesterday was ideal to get him more game time. 

Some keep saying "with another window" GR will be able to bring in his own players but I remain unclear as to who will be replaced? One assumes a young hungry central midfielder to do the hod carrying for Hudd/Thorne? (The "Hudd" carrier :mellow:?)

Anyone else? Any other position? 

Some also say the team will get better at the game plan...but what will that improvement comprise? I don't think it'll be increased possession because if I understand it correctly Rowett-ball doesn't require possession...will we just somehow become more clinical? More incisive? Try harder? Close/press or "gegenpress" more? Take better throw-ins, tackle harder? Shoot better? Not concede?

please enlighten me...what will the "fully formed", "matured" Rowett Rams be like...can anybody fill in the colours of the up-to-now vague pencil sketch of the vision? 

13 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Playing poorly and winning is the sign of a good team, if we can get the kinks ironed out and Gary can have the squad fully changed after this summer we'll be in a great place.

So please @tomsdubs explain the kinks that will be ironed-out...and the squad "fully changed"...

the latter seems to comprise quite wholesale player recruitment?? 

Or, is it just players out?

or both in and out? It's a genuine attempt by me to understand and see the picture that all others presumably share?? 

14 hours ago, nottingram said:

I’m a bit fed up of winning.

Sooner we start being the better team but losing I’ll be much happier.

But we were the better team yesterday.  May not have been pretty, but it was a fairly dominant display.  With 9 men closely bunched up in front of you for most of the time, it can be hard to break them down.  Still a bit too much in the way of sideways passing, but I'll live with that whilst I sit here looking at the table.

13 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

It's not about being entertained. The results are there but the performances are flimsy at best.

Teams will get more luck against us than Forest and Wednesday have these past two games.

And equally, we will get more luck than we did yesterday - from ref decisions to fluffed finishes.

2 minutes ago, RedSox said:

But we were the better team yesterday.  May not have been pretty, but it was a fairly dominant display.  With 9 men closely bunched up in front of you for most of the time, it can be hard to break them down.  Still a bit too much in the way of sideways passing, but I'll live with that whilst I sit here looking at the table.

We had a couple of golden chances just after we scored that would have the sealed the game and made it a far easier afternoon. The longer the game went on without us getting that second you could see the nervousness creeping into the players, would have been a real kick in the teeth to have let the lead slip by going too hung ho.

Our problem for years now has been breaking teams down who put all their players behind the ball, it was the same when we had all our supposedly “better” players and it’s still the same now. To negate that we’re happier letting teams have more of the ball to bring them out so we can exploit the space. The ref sending loovens off did us no favours to be honest, put us right back into the situation of having to do what we’re obviously not very good at. 

I thought we started well, and certainly the goal, the lawrence miss and keoghs one on one were all really good attacking quick football.

Then Wednesday started to slow the game down, think their game plan was time waste, try and keep it 1-0 then go for it in the last few minutes. Their keeper should seriously have been booked 5 or 6 times, firstly in the aftermath of awarding the penalty he raised his hands to big tom, in fairness it could have been a booking both ways. Then after that despite being told by the ref he made a nuisance of himself and refused to go to his goal line for ages, another booking should have been handed out.

Then the foul on lawrence for lawrences miss should have been a booking, and probably a penalty too. Then it looked to me like he handled outside his area when keogh was through. Then the constant time wasting and the ref told him a number of times but still didnt get his card out.

I dont think the conditions can have helped, it was pretty awful, but wednesday kept their shape very well and we found it hard to break them down, the crowd probably didnt help as they were getting very restless.

When fletcher went down i was convinced it was a penalty for them, but if it wasnt he should have booked fletcher for diving just as he booked johnny, the johnny incident looked like a foul to me too, but its not on the highlights so hard to tell, im sure some in the ground would have a better view.

It became a horrible game to watch, and i was convinced it was going to end up 1-1, so relieved when we got the 2nd.

I think we actually created most of our own problems with poor passing, both hudds and wisdom had a bit of a shocker in that respect.

Things are looking ok though for me, we are showing glimpses of what we can do, another day the ref would have sent their keeper off too and it could have been a landslide, if lawrences goal had gone in or we got the 2nd penalty then im sure their time wasting game plan would have changed and they would have been more open to the counter attacks.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When fletcher went down i was convinced it was a penalty for them, but if it wasnt he should have booked fletcher for diving just as he booked johnny, the johnny incident looked like a foul to me too, but its not on the highlights so hard to tell, im sure some in the ground would have a better view.

Had a good view of the JR incident, there was contact, he kind of stumbled after the contact took a couple steps then went down after. If he goes dine straight away it’s a pen, the fact he took a few steps before going down made it look a bit dodgy.

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Had a good view of the JR incident, there was contact, he kind of stumbled after the contact took a couple steps then went down after. If he goes dine straight away it’s a pen, the fact he took a few steps before going down made it look a bit dodgy.

Probably trying to make the decision for the ref and it backfired then. Does seem that you need to go down for it to be a penalty which shouldnt be the case.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

For "proved" we know you meant to type "provided".

scorelines as well as results are very important in next 2 games because the away form is where the serious problems reveal themselves. 2 narrow defeats giving nil points will not be a problem if we have really competed. 

That said, Yesterday's home victory continued to show the papered-over cracks for me. After 5 minutes, Wednesday were a sparrow with an injured wing cornered by a cat. Yet for the following 85 minutes all we could do was paw them. Despite the extra player we didn't get behind them; I thought Lawrence would go on and be their real tormentor but he actually seemed to lose his appetite when he failed to convert the 1 v 1. 

I would have introduced Thorne and Martin at HT and I think a few threaded Thorne passes to Martin would have sliced them open at the back. Russell and Lawrence running beyond Martin would have been chief beneficiaries. 

In the end it's fairly academic; Kiefenbald is now very unlikely so the main issue really is the return to full match-sharp fitness for Thorne. Yesterday was ideal to get him more game time. 

Some keep saying "with another window" GR will be able to bring in his own players but I remain unclear as to who will be replaced? One assumes a young hungry central midfielder to do the hod carrying for Hudd/Thorne? (The "Hudd" carrier :mellow:?)

Anyone else? Any other position? 

Some also say the team will get better at the game plan...but what will that improvement comprise? I don't think it'll be increased possession because if I understand it correctly Rowett-ball doesn't require possession...will we just somehow become more clinical? More incisive? Try harder? Close/press or "gegenpress" more? Take better throw-ins, tackle harder? Shoot better? Not concede?

please enlighten me...what will the "fully formed", "matured" Rowett Rams be like...can anybody fill in the colours of the up-to-now vague pencil sketch of the vision? 

Good post. Not negative, just realistic.

The more I look at the current top 6 the more convinced I am that we will finish 2nd this year.

I thought Villa had finally stepped up to the plate but they have started to stutter again.

The next few games against Norwich, Leeds, Reading and Fulham are massive. 2 wins and a draw from those fixtures and it sets us up nicely for our game in hand against Ipswich.

It's time to believe.

Archived