‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Day

26 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

One thing you must remember is this team is nowhere near the finished article, this team will look completely different in 12-18 months time under rowetts stewardship. 

All teams change over time, in which case our current midfield would be OAPs! :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

David,

perhaps we need to clarify what the difference is between constructive debate and questioning and overt negativity. If you pay money for a product, then you have a right to comment on it. You are running the risk of stifling constructive and real debate...or perhaps you want a football forum that would befit the citizens of North Korea?

33079ll.jpg

Go on then, I’ll also say this as well as quoting myself from earlier.

Some members are also stifling others fun and enjoyment on this forum with the constant doom mongering.

Yes, a forum is here for real debate however we have a match day topic where members are freely debating the game. 

You're not happy, we hear you loud and clear but does that mean others cannot have a bit of fun on the same forum in a separate topic, is it really neccessary to drag every topic down the path of doom?

Riddings Ram also attempted a topic on positivity, rather than allow those that wish to discuss things with their glasses half full, it’s been trampled all over by those that wish to let the entire internet know that they are not happy.

It’s possible to co exist on the same forum  if topics are respected for what they are, some serious, others not so. Let those that want to have fun have fun, allow those that wish to debate, debate. If that sounds like North Korea to you, I’m quite happy for you to call me Dav Wong-Un.

5 minutes ago, David said:

You're not happy, we hear you loud and clear but does that mean others cannot have a bit of fun on the same forum in a separate topic, is it really neccessary to drag every topic down the path of doom?

The minority rule? :whistle:

My two penneth worth , not a good performance hard to tell they were a man light if it was eleven v eleven we may not have won .

Keogh excellent .Fozzie needs games he his a good player but still on the come back trail .Watched Ledley closly yesterday definately an unsung hero he doe's it without being noticed.

Lawrence there's a player in there somewhere I like him or should I say I like what I think he could become .Martin looked good when he came on .JR worked hard but was less effective than against the red dogs .The rest passable with the exception of Huddlestone swapping him out for George would be a major improvement .

Sad to say may give the next home game a miss as not impressed with the football played ,mind you said that last time.

Making ourselves hard to beat especially at home is a great habbit to have.

I always fancy us at home. There is still some improvement to be had GR completely acknowledged this in his interview.

But not playing well and winning is always good so long as you eventually find the winning formula.

Norwich and the Dirties away from home is going to be a massive test. A return of GT maybe?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're suggesting massive unhappiness at the 'taking over' of happy threads by miserable feckers. I was suggesting that that is a minority view.

I wouldn't know Roy, I haven't put a survey out or have any evidence to agree or disagree with you. I do know this for a fact though I'm not alone, now if thats the minority or not I have seen several members recently comment on what a chore it has become reading this forum and that saddens me as there is little I can do.

Sure I could run it like North Korea which has been suggested, but that's not going to happen, it would be nice if members would just be a little more aware that others may want to use the forum for a little light hearted enjoyment with fellow Rams. 

Saturday night, 3 points in the bag, stupid gif, some just want to have a laugh whilst the missus watches Sob Factor.

Just now, David said:

I do know this for a fact though I'm not alone, now if thats the minority or not I have seen several members recently comment on what a chore it has become reading this forum and that saddens me as there is little I can do.

I consider that this is a reflection of the split in views on Rowett and the football being played. Are the unhappy folk to leave alone certain threads - please mark them with a 'happy people only' sticker then.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I consider that this is a reflection of the split in views on Rowett and the football being played. Are the unhappy folk to leave alone certain threads - please mark them with a 'happy people only' sticker then.

How about a little awareness instead?

Theres a topic in The Pub, Brexit or Eurin, I haven't opened it for months (best place to call me a t**** as I'll never see it). 

Do I walk in there and start demanding we talk about the state of Saturday night TV, or do I go and create a topic for that specific discussion?

Yesterday might have been a crap game, usually happens when one side is down to 10 men, when the whistle blows some just want to say thank f*** for that, enjoy the 3 points and have a laugh. On the other side theres another set of fans which want to discuss the performance of Johnny Russell.....go find me in there saying smile everyone, we won. You won't. 

Now chuck us a gif, bald man preferably!

10 minutes ago, David said:

How about a little awareness instead?

If the cap fits...

You want to tell posters what they can and cannot post - go ahead and do it so we all know what is acceptable to you.

I'd have thought you'd run a forum for long enough to know that its swings and roundabouts and threads go where they will, but will mainly stay on topic if that is what the posters want?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If the cap fits...

You want to tell posters what they can and cannot post - go ahead and do it so we all know what is acceptable to you.

I'd have thought you'd run a forum for long enough to know that its swings and roundabouts and threads go where they will, but will mainly stay on topic if that is what the posters want?

Clearly not getting it, that's fine. Won't waste my Sunday getting dragged down with this, post what you like Roy.

9 minutes ago, David said:

I wouldn't know Roy, I haven't put a survey out or have any evidence to agree or disagree with you. I do know this for a fact though I'm not alone, now if thats the minority or not I have seen several members recently comment on what a chore it has become reading this forum and that saddens me as there is little I can do.

Sure I could run it like North Korea which has been suggested, but that's not going to happen, it would be nice if members would just be a little more aware that others may want to use the forum for a little light hearted enjoyment with fellow Rams. 

Saturday night, 3 points in the bag, stupid gif, some just want to have a laugh whilst the missus watches Sob Factor.

Good post. Sums me up to a tee. Used to enjoy reading and posting on here, but it has become a bit of a chore of late. The negativity is frankly depressing. Ironic really that those who constantly choose to call Rowett out for lack of entertainment come on here day after day and offer nothing positive themselves.

l know l leave myself open to rebuke as l have not been to many games of late, but l still get quite a buzz Saturday afternoon at 4.50 and again Sunday morning about 8.00 to have the certain knowledge my team won.  Performance certainly at this moment in time is secondary - points and momentum are key and flair/creativity will come as the players get more used to the system and their team mates, and we see the full return to fitness of some key players. Some players learning to hold and pass the ball better might help too.

For what worth l think Rowett will get us promoted in one of the next 2 seasons. I think he will build a cohesive ‘together’ team, which will become more entertaining as he tweaks the squad during the transfer windows.  Anyway, probably far too much positivity for one day. Enjoy the moaning everyone.

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're suggesting massive unhappiness at the 'taking over' of happy threads by miserable feckers. I was suggesting that that is a minority view.

You must be joking that @David's is the minority view. I am flippin' fed up of it and the fellow posters I know personally are too. It's driving some away or at least stopping their contributions because they know the same few posters will immediately jump on them to condemn them and their happy-clapping attitudes!

A lot of people are less thick skinned than those of you who keep droning on and on about the same things in every thread. It's beyond boring. Keep it to the relevant threads and if you don't want to join this party, at least have the good grace to moan in the kitchen. Me, I 'm on the dancefloor - or at least I would have been last night if our local had got one! 

15 minutes ago, David said:

Clearly not getting it, that's fine. Won't waste my Sunday getting dragged down with this, post what you like Roy.

No I'm not understanding what you're saying. So try again. I think you're suggesting that posters who shall we say, disagree with a thread title/angle shouldn't post on that thread out of due regard for the OP. Is that a correct interpretation.

Why get so upset? Who said anything about 'dragging things down', you seem very touchy atm. :thumbsup:

Archived