Day

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Yes I am !

did you watch it ?

Yep, im a season ticket holder

so whats the answer... bring in sergio ramos to spray it about?

at this level if u have a centre half that can win thhe majority of his headers and challenges and give the ball to a member of your team your up on most.

dont disagree with the quality of The teams football but to have a pop at one of our centre backs conservative distribution is plain daft,

Still a right winger off and a number 10 off finishing in the top 6. Hope we can sign Ledley permanently. I'd get Butterfield, Anya, Shackell, Bryson and Bent's wages off the wage bill in January by seeing if we can sell them permanently in order to fund Ledley's wages

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yep, im a season ticket holder

so whats the answer... bring in sergio ramos to spray it about?

at this level if u have a centre half that can win thhe majority of his headers and challenges and give the ball to a member of your team your up on most.

dont disagree with the quality of The teams football but to have a pop at one of our centre backs conservative distribution is plain daft,

The distribution from defence was poor today, with Huddlestone having a poor game somebody needed to step up to begging our attacks from the back, that is obviously how Gary set it up but none of them had the confidence to make forward passes, it doesn’t matter what level it is, if you are going to build from the back your defence needs to have the ability/ confidence to spray it forwards, not constantly sideways and many times back wards, nothing was being played down the channels, wisdom and Forsyth didn’t get forward and when they did they gave the ball away, it was poor today and I would like to have seen then the players with the premier league experience stepping up not hiding in the shadows !

and in answer to your question I don’t have the answer but only the feeling that they need to start pulling together as a team and have a bit of vision and understanding of how their team mates play and when they are going to make runs.

i sit in the west stand at the half way line and you get a great view of the runs that the players make, vydra and nugent were knackered from running and kept throwing their arms up in despair as every run they made was ignored by the defence who chose to pass it sideways or backwards as they did not have the confidence to make the pass or were scared to risk losing possession, nobody wants to give the ball away but somebody has to have the balls to take some responsibility and make the pass.

i think that is why vydra and nugent went off as they were knackered.

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

The distribution from defence was poor today, with Huddlestone having a poor game somebody needed to step up to begging our attacks from the back, that is obviously how Gary set it up but none of them had the confidence to make forward passes, it doesn’t matter what level it is, if you are going to build from the back your defence needs to have the ability/ confidence to spray it forwards, not constantly sideways and many times back wards, nothing was being played down the channels, wisdom and Forsyth didn’t get forward and when they did they gave the ball away, it was poor today and I would like to have seen then the players with the premier league experience stepping up not hiding in the shadows !

and in answer to your question I don’t have the answer but only the feeling that they need to start pulling together as a team and have a bit of vision and understanding of how their team mates play and when they are going to make runs.

i sit in the west stand at the half way line and you get a great view of the runs that the players make, vydra and nugent were knackered from running and kept throwing their arms up in despair as every run they made was ignored by the defence who chose to pass it sideways or backwards as they did not have the confidence to make the pass or were scared to risk losing possession, nobody wants to give the ball away but somebody has to have the balls to take some responsibility and make the pass.

...add to that pair J Russell esq who darted in from the right behind the defence at least 3 times only for the Hudd to sweep it sideways...we were at home FFS, 1-0 up and playing 10 men. With Thorne on we would have smashed them to bits...

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

Id be looking and asking questions of Huddlestone and the options ahead of him aka lawrence, Russell, vydra and nugent

are they expecting davies to pick them out with an eye of the needle pass??.

thread one in the gap, lay one into feet through a crowded midfield????

Not at this level? Championship centre halves that can do that are like rocking horse s***

its been the way weve played for quite sometime isnt it... thorne... hudds even eustace... take the ball from the centre half and try and get it going from there

personally i put no emphasis on my centre backs being able to kick start moves, if they can... great its a bonus but i wouldnt be laying any blame for the teams failure to create at their door and i cant see why any one would

weve been spoilt with keogh in terms of a ball playing centre half as his touch and passing is as good if not better than many a midfielder but that aint the norm is it 

6 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

We were set up with 6 defensive players, that meant when TH had the ball he was limited in what he could pass to, in this league it is so easy to tuck your players in and play two banks of four to stifle the opposition.  I’m one of rowetts bigest critics, but it was sheff wed tactics that meant that space was difficult  to find and players making runs is all well and great, but it’s actually harder to make the pass with the ball at your feet than it seems sitting high up in the stands.

Reading all this negativity u really get the impression there are posters on here absolutely gagging for that next defeat to come, cant come quick enough for some, then they can really lay into rowett

for me this was always always always a transition season,and so i expected disjointed, abstract and at times dire.... as long as theres chinks of light and progress im fine

to get through a season and finish with the same manager would be nice 

#rome

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

thread one in the gap, lay one into feet through a crowded midfield????

Not at this level? Championship centre halves that can do that are like rocking horse s***

May I introduce to you Mr Richard "like rocking horse s***" Keogh Esq.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Reading all this negativity u really get the impression there are posters on here absolutely gagging for that next defeat to come, cant come quick enough for some, then they can really lay into rowett

for me this was always always always a transition season,and so i expected disjointed, abstract and at times dire.... as long as theres chinks of light and progress im fine

#rome

Some people eh ?

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

#rome

So people aren't allowed to express their opinions now? We weren't great today but Sheffield Wednesday were even worse. No-one's saying anything like Rowett is a fraud or anything. The criticism has been reasonable. Sheffield Wednesday fans said that we were there for the taking today. I agree to an extent because we didn't take our opportunities.

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Lets be honest, we will get 1 pt from the next 2 hard away games at the most and we will be back to midtable

Love your positivity - talk about pessimistic fans. Some of ours are unbelievable - it's as though they want the team to fail.

Archived