‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

David

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

We had more players too. Believe me it wasn't great. The points are great the performance wasn't. 

It’s the result that matters, it’s was negative winning football at its best, so can’t complain. I do wonder if those who start these posts though have had to sit through what I just had to though.

24 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We had more players too. Believe me it wasn't great. The points are great the performance wasn't. 

Whilst you are right, in fairness it’s difficult when a team has to defend like they did. For that I can let them off today, but onghe fluoride there are few players who need to get themselves out of second gear (if I put it politely)

negative post coming in ...... I really don't know what the game plan was today, bottom line is that we took three points, the most entertaining was the first five minutes and the last five minutes, the 80 minutes inbetween was boring lack lustre and brimming with no confidence to make a telling pass.

Huddlestone was like a two legged carthorse and as much use as one, he was bought for his passing the ones he gets right are good but the other 99% are poor, he gave the ball away so many times it was unbelievable, his mate Curtis davies has zero confidence to make a pass and continually passes the ball within a six feet perimeter of himself, yes he retains possession but he makes no contribution to our attack, Forsyth looks shot of confidence or he has been told to not cross the half way line, he used to get down to the byline and get a cross in but no more.

the upside is that we have let no goals in over the last two games.

we have gone back to providing no service for the forwards, everybody bangs on about Johnny Russell and his effort but if there is no end product then what is the point ?

somehow we one 2-0 today but Wednesday were a mere shadow of the team that they have been for the last couple of seasons and they had ten men.

so lets not get carried away, we need to build a tem to not only get promoted but to then keep us in the premier league.

we are a long long way from building a team that can do that, but its an improvement.

Rome wasn't build in a day as somebody once said !

26 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Playing poorly and winning is the sign of a good team, if we can get the kinks ironed out and Gary can have the squad fully changed after this summer we'll be in a great place.

Playing poorly and winning can also be the sign of a lucky team.

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

negative post coming in ...... I really don't know what the game plan was today, bottom line is that we took three points, the most entertaining was the first five minutes and the last five minutes, the 80 minutes inbetween was boring lack lustre and brimming with no confidence to make a telling pass.

Huddlestone was like a two legged carthorse and as much use as one, he was bought for his passing the ones he gets right are good but the other 99% are poor, he gave the ball away so many times it was unbelievable, his mate Curtis davies has zero confidence to make a pass and continually passes the ball within a six feet perimeter of himself, yes he retains possession but he makes no contribution to our attack, Forsyth looks shot of confidence or he has been told to not cross the half way line, he used to get down to the byline and get a cross in but no more.

the upside is that we have let no goals in over the last two games.

we have gone back to providing no service for the forwards, everybody bangs on about Johnny Russell and his effort but if there is no end product then what is the point ?

somehow we one 2-0 today but Wednesday were a mere shadow of the team that they have been for the last couple of seasons and they had ten men.

so lets not get carried away, we need to build a tem to not only get promoted but to then keep us in the premier league.

we are a long long way from building a team that can do that, but its an improvement.

Rome wasn't build in a day as somebody once said !

U really moaning that curtis Davies, a ball winning centre half plays passes within his comfort zone.... like the majority of centre halfs at the level and above.

good grief 

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Indeed it is, coupled with a neat little edit of the thread title. Come on you Rams! 

Not edited the thread title? New thread, one that I shall not apologise for.

5pm Saturday with 3 points in the bag I’m going to enjoy it.

After weeks of doom and gloom if one can not be vocal in enjoying a good run of form it will be time to take up knitting.

I tonight will raise my bottle of water to the mighty Rams and ei ei ei o myself to sleep.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Not edited the thread title? New thread, one that I shall not apologise for.

5pm Saturday with 3 points in the bag I’m going to enjoy it.

After weeks of doom and gloom if one can not be vocal in enjoying a good run of form it will be time to take up knitting.

I tonight will raise my bottle of water to the mighty Rams and ei ei ei o myself to sleep tonight. 

Aha! My mistake. I shall enjoy reading it from the beginning (I hope!) . Great feeling to have some enthusiasm and positivity seeping through the veins. 

It's not about being entertained. The results are there but the performances are flimsy at best.

Teams will get more luck against us than Forest and Wednesday have these past two games.

I just hope Rowett isn't thinking he's cracked the formula for success because that isn't it. 2-0 flatters us, they were extremely unlucky to not find an equaliser.

He does worry me tactically, Rowett, because he reminds me more and more of Nigel Clough the more I see us play. Far too happy to just sit on his original gameplan even if the game changes. If he'd been more active with tactical changes today then we'd have put the game away far quicker with much less fuss. Could have done with bringing on Johnson and Martin at half-time.

I understand evolving our style but I think he wants to manage us like we're Birmingham when we're Derby. It's all well eating to play in the space behind defences with quick attackers if teams are coming to you but very often at pride park they don't come out of their shape much. Teams would go to St. Andrew's to do that.

Today was a key example. He starts a really slow midfield and defence but also starts quick attackers to make up for that. But the game changed instantly, they were sitting deep. A player like Nugent you want to be running around is now static, looking for the ball. It's a situation much more suited to Martin and I think you got a glimpse of how much quicker our build up play was when he came on. Despite not having any pace, his runs drew away far more Wednesday players than Nugents did.

Contrastingly, you have your slow players in midfield spending loads of time on the ball not being able to exploit the space with it. Ledley, Huddlestone, Keogh and Davies were essentially just fine wasting in possession when we needed another goal to kill off the game.

We had absolutely no threat of playing the ball down the middle, a season on and we're still playing the pendulum game. Across the back four and out to a winger, then back again. All the while, Vydra and Nugent are running about expecting some inch perfect 30 yard pass over the top. Not one player is capable of mixing it up, both pairs of Vydra/Nugent and Huddlestone/Ledley.

Vydra and Nugent are both s**** at taking the ball to feet and both Ledley and Huddlestone cannot take the initiative and drive at the goal.

And then when Wednesday got the ball, the midfield was frighteningly easy to move past considering they only had ten men. I really hope he doesn't think Ledley and Huddlestone are a winning combination because we've won the last two games despite their partnership imo

I also have a big issue with him starting all his quicker players then bringing on Martin with Johnson/Thorne playing off him. What is the point of having Chris Martin in the squad if we use him like this, just sell him. He needs some energy around him. It also means that we're not pressuring teams in the last 20 minutes. I'd much rather us start off with Martin to help out the clueless midfield then bring on someone like Winnall/Nugent to harass tired CB's.

Happy with the results but we were grinding out results this time last season with s**** performances. And that blew up in our face. Hope Rowett's ware of how unbalanced this team is. I'm worried he's happy with these s**** performances.

Archived