‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Day

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Good post. Sums me up to a tee. Used to enjoy reading and posting on here, but it has become a bit of a chore of late. The negativity is frankly depressing. Ironic really that those who constantly choose to call Rowett out for lack of entertainment come on here day after day and offer nothing positive themselves.

l know l leave myself open to rebuke as l have not been to many games of late, but l still get quite a buzz Saturday afternoon at 4.50 and again Sunday morning about 8.00 to have the certain knowledge my team won.  Performance certainly at this moment in time is secondary - points and momentum are key and flair/creativity will come as the players get more used to the system and their team mates, and we see the full return to fitness of some key players. Some players learning to hold and pass the ball better might help too.

For what worth l think Rowett will get us promoted in one of the next 2 seasons. I think he will build a cohesive ‘together’ team, which will become more entertaining as he tweaks the squad during the transfer windows.  Anyway, probably far too much positivity for one day. Enjoy the moaning everyone.

Good post, interesting view from someone who hasn’t been to the matches recently and does highlight that this can have an effect on how you view GRs tenure.

I goto the home games and quite a few away, for me the result is the priority and when I’m not at the games.  I couldn’t give a monkeys how we play because all I’m focused on is the result, I would also say that’s the same away as it makes the day when you win and normally I have had several beers the atmosphere is better both during and after the match with a win regardless of the performance.

Home games is slightly different, I take my lad as I have done for the past few seasons. He doesn’t get that the premier league is the place to be, he wants to be entertained, he is at an age now when he loves playing football but for the first time ever is not enjoying going to watch it.  If he stops wanting to go, I will not force him, it’s his decision and although I will be disappointed I will understand.

For me though, this post was designed in such a way though that it wanted to attract negativity, nothing wrong with that but it was put up to goad some posters so there is no surprise to me the content that has been posted.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

This was the worst example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26395409

Probably the worst case of anti football i can ever recall, never seen so many players get injured and time waste. The ref should also take some responsibility for that game too as should have stamped it out, as he should have yesterday with their keeper.

It worked for them though as they snatched an unlikely win.

Only 22,000 at that game. Thought the attendances had picked up by then! I seem to recall a Millwall player going down injured off the pitch and crawling back on to it. Think we really missed Martin that day when he was at his best for us. 

Playing badly and winning is better than playing badly and losing. Its also better than playing well and losing as long as there's some plan in place to play well and win at some point! Playing badly and winning isn't sustainable long-term and I think GR is aware of that based on his comments post Wendies. My worry is that we will adopt percentage football for the long-term, which might be successful but tends to only take you so far before negativity sets in. Hopefully the thinking is about setting a foundation and building a style onto it gradually once confidence grows.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Good post. Sums me up to a tee. Used to enjoy reading and posting on here, but it has become a bit of a chore of late. The negativity is frankly depressing. Ironic really that those who constantly choose to call Rowett out for lack of entertainment come on here day after day and offer nothing positive themselves.

l know l leave myself open to rebuke as l have not been to many games of late, but l still get quite a buzz Saturday afternoon at 4.50 and again Sunday morning about 8.00 to have the certain knowledge my team won.  Performance certainly at this moment in time is secondary - points and momentum are key and flair/creativity will come as the players get more used to the system and their team mates, and we see the full return to fitness of some key players. Some players learning to hold and pass the ball better might help too.

For what worth l think Rowett will get us promoted in one of the next 2 seasons. I think he will build a cohesive ‘together’ team, which will become more entertaining as he tweaks the squad during the transfer windows.  Anyway, probably far too much positivity for one day. Enjoy the moaning everyone.

Excellent stuff. I don't bother on here after a defeat because the negativity runs wild. It's a shame so many so-called supporters would rather we lost so they can say "I told you so" afterwards. Everyone should be feeling positive and upbeat because we've won. 

The football's not perfect but we have put a run together and are climbing the table, I hope inexorably. I'm in accord with what i-Ram says, that Rowett will get us promoted (he's a pragmatist who's good at his job and that's what we needed) and as part of that, the football will get better. 

But don't forget we've already scored some terrific goals and played great stuff in patches this season. In today's society too many people want instant solutions and immediate perfection, but sometimes things have to happen gradually. 

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Only 22,000 at that game. Thought the attendances had picked up by then! I seem to recall a Millwall player going down injured off the pitch and crawling back on to it. Think we really missed Martin that day when he was at his best for us. 

Im shocked by that attendance, im with you thought the attendances were all up closer to 30k by then.

That did happen with a player crawling back on the pitch, i wouldnt 100% say it was that game but it wouldnt suprise me, should have been a yellow card without hesitation from the ref.

Different opinions are interesting & I've read some very fair & detailed criticism of Rowett's tactics from a couple of the more enlightened posters - these I take the time the read. I'm not totally onboard with the style of football or the performances but stability (and decent results) is all I'm after at this stage. I expect things to improve but I'm certain that if Rowett is here at the end of 2018/19, we'll be promoted. However if we're still underwhelming in a year's time (so after 2 more transfer windows) then it would fair to question if a change is needed.

On the other hand, the pithy whining posts (mostly from McClaren obsessives) is what the forum could do with less of. I genuinely think one or two posters are annoyed at our last 2 wins as they felt after Birmingham & Bristol that time was running out for Rowett. Interestingly I (& 2 other posters) called out one of the usual suspects on another thread when he demanded a new manager asking him for alternatives & he was unable/unwilling to provide one other name moaning that its the club's responsibility to appoint. Really no point wasting time with folk like that & am fully expecting more inane threads should we not take 6 points against Leeds & Norwich with at least 10 shots on target & 60% possession in both.

I can understand some of the negativity on here because I too want to see the perfect game. The problem is we aren't Manchester City and we haven't got billions of £'s to spend. I think people need to grasp what our capabilities are.

The things that frustrate me are bad decision making and slow football. I like Rowett and think he is doing a good job. 

If anyone really enjoys the doom and gloom of negativity then may be a stint in the political threads will be right up your street. They are real wrist slasher stuff on there according to some.

Archived