‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Day

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The more I look at the current top 6 the more convinced I am that we will finish 2nd this year.

I thought Villa had finally stepped up to the plate but they have started to stutter again.

The next few games against Norwich, Leeds, Reading and Fulham are massive. 2 wins and a draw from those fixtures and it sets us up nicely for our game in hand against Ipswich.

It's time to believe.

I like your confidence, im not so sure myself, but then again that season under Billy Davies i rarely saw anything in our performances that gave me any confidence the winning run would continue but it did.

For me what we are lacking in midfield is someone who gets the ball turns quickly and is bombing up the pitch, we dont have that anymore like we had with bryson and hendrick. We are so slow right now, i think it shows when Thorne comes on who isnt the quickest (but not as slow as some make out) and looks far quicker than the other two.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These clean sheets are vital. There are 2 blindingly obvious contenders for the top 2 this season and if anyone's going to challenge them it'll be by being unscorableagainst. 

A few more weeks like this and our team will be full of confidence. I think we'll be challenging by Christmas. I don't care how ugly it is.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Our problem for years now has been breaking teams down who put all their players behind the ball, it was the same when we had all our supposedly “better” players and it’s still the same now. To negate that we’re happier letting teams have more of the ball to bring them out so we can exploit the space. The ref sending loovens off did us no favours to be honest, put us right back into the situation of having to do what we’re obviously not very good at. 

Don't all teams have that problem? :ermm:

So we've traded possession football for Rowett-ball and aren't any better off?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah, but Wed turned the tables on us and played Rowett-ball back forcing us to revert to possession-based football...sort of "go on then...break us down"...".No, you break us down, we're the away side and down to 10 men"...

Ironically...

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Had a good view of the JR incident, there was contact, he kind of stumbled after the contact took a couple steps then went down after. If he goes dine straight away it’s a pen, the fact he took a few steps before going down made it look a bit dodgy.

Correct, it should have been a penalty regardless of Johnny not going down...he clipped Johnny's leg and JR stumbled but went a step and then went down making it look like a dive.It was a penalty.

I also believe their situation with Fletcher was a penalty...Forsyth clearly shoved him in the back and although "soft" Fletcher went over. The ref incredibly said to Fletcher, "There was a shove ...but you should have stayed on your feet!". Fork me!!!

A very poor ref who didn't seem to know what he was going to do, and not helped by an assistant ref who also got things regularly wrong...and he knew it. Both officials out of their depth. 

You might say things evened out but then again it does look like Westwood palmed the ball from Keogh when just out of his area...

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Top sides in this division find a way through, we’ve always struggled even when we were at our free flowing best during mac1. Uwe rosler seemed to have us figured out down to a tee. 

Its hard to say if we’re better off or not though isn’t it really? We’re still only 11 games into the season and even though some say how poor we’ve been and how bad a start to the season we’ve had, we’re unbeaten in 5 and 2 points off the top 6 with a game in hand. 

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Ah, but Wed turned the tables on us and played Rowett-ball back forcing us to revert to possession-based football...sort of "go on then...break us down"...".No, you break us down, we're the away side and down to 10 men"...

Ironically...

Good job that we'd ALREADY broken them down then.

14 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Top sides in this division find a way through, we’ve always struggled even when we were at our free flowing best during mac1. Uwe rosler seemed to have us figured out down to a tee.

We didn't really meet that many teams who figured us out else we wouldn't have finished so far up the table - but we never got chance to develop, we were revolutionised with a new manager. The point is all teams struggle against 'bus-parkers' why change everything because of that?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We didn't really meet that many teams who figured us out else we wouldn't have finished so far up the table - but we never got chance to develop, we were revolutionised with a new manager. The point is all teams struggle against 'bus-parkers' why change everything because of that?

This was the worst example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26395409

Probably the worst case of anti football i can ever recall, never seen so many players get injured and time waste. The ref should also take some responsibility for that game too as should have stamped it out, as he should have yesterday with their keeper.

It worked for them though as they snatched an unlikely win.

Just watched it on channel 5 and I can't believe Rowett was saying Wednesday should have had a penalty. He ought to concentrate on the foul by their goalkeeper on Lawrence the potential hand ball outside the area by the keeper on Keogh's one on one. Bloody giving them Wendies summat to talk about. Pftt!!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t believe we have changed just because of that. Rowett just plays a different kind of football. One thing you must remember is this team is nowhere near the finished article, this team will look completely different in 12-18 months time under rowetts stewardship. 

11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Just watched it on channel 5 and I can't believe Rowett was saying Wednesday should have had a penalty. He ought to concentrate on the foul by their goalkeeper on Lawrence the potential hand ball outside the area by the keeper on Keogh's one on one. Bloody giving them Wendies summat to talk about. Pftt!!

And of course that's what he did say in the full interview (as on radio derby) but they just showed the bit that suited their take on the game.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

So please @tomsdubs explain the kinks that will be ironed-out...and the squad "fully changed"...

the latter seems to comprise quite wholesale player recruitment?? 

Or, is it just players out?

or both in and out? It's a genuine attempt by me to understand and see the picture that all others presumably share?? 

Rowett was asked by Sky is the squad the way you want it. He said not quite yet. Simple as that.

16 minutes ago, David said:

BED33AFC-3C30-4A48-8396-6C32549965EC.png

David,

perhaps we need to clarify what the difference is between constructive debate and questioning and overt negativity. If you pay money for a product, then you have a right to comment on it. You are running the risk of stifling constructive and real debate...or perhaps you want a football forum that would befit the citizens of North Korea?

33079ll.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

David,

perhaps we need to clarify what the difference is between constructive debate and questioning and overt negativity. If you pay money for a product, then you have a right to comment on it. You are running the risk of stifling constructive and real debate...or perhaps you want a football forum that would befit the citizens of North Korea?

33079ll.jpg

14 hours ago, David said:

Sometimes it’s just good to have a b******* topic to enjoy a win. Bit of a laugh on a Saturday night with the 3pts safety in the bag, few gifs, gentle ribbing from both sides of the fence away from performances, formations, tactics with no harm done.

Doesn’t seem possible now, everything is so so serious.

After weeks of questioning the manager, where the team is going, dissecting the players into pieces, can we not afford a little smile, put the doom and gloom to one side for some mindless positivity as the team climb the table?

We must come across as a right bunch of Jacob Butterfield look a likes on the outside, come on boys and girls, raise a glass to the victorious Rams, may not be pretty but neither are we ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived