‪2pts off top 6, game in hand, 5 unbeaten, 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Day

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So people aren't allowed to express their opinions now? We weren't great today but Sheffield Wednesday were even worse. No-one's saying anything like Rowett is a fraud or anything. The criticism has been reasonable. Sheffield Wednesday fans said that we were there for the taking today. I agree to an extent because we didn't take our opportunities.

Im not saying that, its a forum its what theyre for, but it doesnt change the general vibe thats very apparent

iv said this before and ill say it again, end of last season when we came away from that last game of the season, what part of anybody didnt think this team/club needed a real overaul... to a man 

so when it happens ......... it aint going to be plain sailing is it 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I mentioned keogh and that ability in another post.... he aint the norm at this level for ball distribution but im very glad we have him

We all dream of a team of Richard Keogh's,

A team of Richard Keogh's,

We all dream of a team of Richard Keogh's,

A team of Richard Keogh's.

No.1 is Richard Keogh,

No.2 is Richard Keogh,

No.3 is Richard Keogh,

Etc, Etc.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

It's not about being entertained. The results are there but the performances are flimsy at best.

Teams will get more luck against us than Forest and Wednesday have these past two games.

I just hope Rowett isn't thinking he's cracked the formula for success because that isn't it. 2-0 flatters us, they were extremely unlucky to not find an equaliser.

He does worry me tactically, Rowett, because he reminds me more and more of Nigel Clough the more I see us play. Far too happy to just sit on his original gameplan even if the game changes. If he'd been more active with tactical changes today then we'd have put the game away far quicker with much less fuss. Could have done with bringing on Johnson and Martin at half-time.

I understand evolving our style but I think he wants to manage us like we're Birmingham when we're Derby. It's all well eating to play in the space behind defences with quick attackers if teams are coming to you but very often at pride park they don't come out of their shape much. Teams would go to St. Andrew's to do that.

Today was a key example. He starts a really slow midfield and defence but also starts quick attackers to make up for that. But the game changed instantly, they were sitting deep. A player like Nugent you want to be running around is now static, looking for the ball. It's a situation much more suited to Martin and I think you got a glimpse of how much quicker our build up play was when he came on. Despite not having any pace, his runs drew away far more Wednesday players than Nugents did.

Contrastingly, you have your slow players in midfield spending loads of time on the ball not being able to exploit the space with it. Ledley, Huddlestone, Keogh and Davies were essentially just fine wasting in possession when we needed another goal to kill off the game.

We had absolutely no threat of playing the ball down the middle, a season on and we're still playing the pendulum game. Across the back four and out to a winger, then back again. All the while, Vydra and Nugent are running about expecting some inch perfect 30 yard pass over the top. Not one player is capable of mixing it up, both pairs of Vydra/Nugent and Huddlestone/Ledley.

Vydra and Nugent are both s**** at taking the ball to feet and both Ledley and Huddlestone cannot take the initiative and drive at the goal.

And then when Wednesday got the ball, the midfield was frighteningly easy to move past considering they only had ten men. I really hope he doesn't think Ledley and Huddlestone are a winning combination because we've won the last two games despite their partnership imo

I also have a big issue with him starting all his quicker players then bringing on Martin with Johnson/Thorne playing off him. What is the point of having Chris Martin in the squad if we use him like this, just sell him. He needs some energy around him. It also means that we're not pressuring teams in the last 20 minutes. I'd much rather us start off with Martin to help out the clueless midfield then bring on someone like Winnall/Nugent to harass tired CB's.

Happy with the results but we were grinding out results this time last season with s**** performances. And that blew up in our face. Hope Rowett's ware of how unbalanced this team is. I'm worried he's happy with these s**** performances.

Judging by his post-match interview on RD he was far from happy with the performance. He gave a realistic assessment of the game but I'm sure he, as much as any fan, recognises the failings so far this season, irrespective of whether we won or lost. To listen to some supporters you'd get the impression he has his head stuck in the sand but, short of coming out and saying he needs to find a replacement for this player or that player, he knows what's needed to meet results and performance expectations.

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not saying that, its a forum its what theyre for, but it doesnt change the general vibe thats very apparent

iv said this before and ill say it again, end of last season when we came away from that last game of the season, what part of anybody didnt think this team/club needed a real overaul... to a man 

What vibes that? I don't think anybody is expecting us to get top 2 this season or even the play offs. We are in transition, but it doesn't mean that people can't criticise where it's justified and there's no apparent style of play(such as there wasn't under Pearson). 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What vibes that? I don't think anybody is expecting us to get top 2 this season or even the play offs. We are in transition, but it doesn't mean that people can't criticise where it's justified and there's no apparent style of play(such as there wasn't under Pearson). 

U dont get that negative vibe? Really? 

The very apparent one that theres people itching to jump onto rowett, lets watch this space when the next defeat comes in.

3 clean sheets straight, unbeaten in 5... there must be something there, we cant be lucky all of the time surely? Can we ?

14 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Judging by his post-match interview on RD he was far from happy with the performance. He gave a realistic assessment of the game but I'm sure he, as much as any fan, recognises the failings so far this season, irrespective of whether we won or lost. To listen to some supporters you'd get the impression he has his head stuck in the sand but, short of coming out and saying he needs to find a replacement for this player or that player, he knows what's needed to meet results and performance expectations.

Bang on mate 

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Im pretty sure play offs and if we dont failure has been banded about on here 

Sometimes it’s just good to have a b******* topic to enjoy a win. Bit of a laugh on a Saturday night with the 3pts safety in the bag, few gifs, gentle ribbing from both sides of the fence away from performances, formations, tactics with no harm done.

Doesn’t seem possible now, everything is so so serious.

After weeks of questioning the manager, where the team is going, dissecting the players into pieces, can we not afford a little smile, put the doom and gloom to one side for some mindless positivity as the team climb the table?

We must come across as a right bunch of Jacob Butterfield look a likes on the outside, come on boys and girls, raise a glass to the victorious Rams, may not be pretty but neither are we ?

26 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Fantastic that the team are winning with the style of football that is being played however the team has been being overhauled since May 24h 2014,

we are now into the 6th management regime since that day

But 6 players who played on that day were in the team today.

“it ain’t going to be plain sailing is it”

#massiveunderstatement !

I sat next to a fan from Sweden today, he’s waited 45 years to watch The Rams live. We won, he saw 2 goals and he was interested in my past as a fan. The guy in front said ‘yeah but we’re s***, aren’t we?’ Honestly it chokes some people to be anything but critical :angry:

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im pretty sure play offs and if we dont failure has been banded about on here 

There will always be expectation, whether it is from the owner or the fans. I personally wouldn't consider it failure but Rowett hasn't helped himself when he said we have a top 2 squad. 

58 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

This is not to have a go at Keogh who was definitely MotM today but not enough players showed leadership today. We are over-reliant on Hudd; we are one-dimensional and will be outside the 10 ten for most of this season. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Yes it is encouraging that after a win he can still see our failings and isn't waffling b******* on the radio like I've heard from previous managers.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

There will always be expectation, whether it is from the owner or the fans. I personally wouldn't consider it failure but Rowett hasn't helped himself when he said we have a top 2 squad. 

Did he ever say that? I know he said we were a couple of players off being a top 2 side...

Archived