Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me i wouldn't change too much for today with Wisdom maybe starting instead of Baird 

its away where we need to alter and although it would mean sacrificing Vydra I'd like us to more robust/solid through the middle

I'm not a Russell fan but his workrate is good and would just get the nod ahead of weimann away from home and also i think Shackell is still decent at this level as Davies has for me been a bit hit and miss....just a thought

Team for today :

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies  Ollson

Huddlestone   Johnson

Lawrence   Vydra      Weimann

Nugent

Away Team:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Ledley  Huddlestone

Johnson

Lawrence       Winnall        Russell     

Its so easy to loose consistency swapping and swapping, you win one game and think your sorted. then loose the next. The player know how bad they were second half at brizol,  I would give them a chance to redeem themselves, you could end up going on a merry go round keep swapping

My first game under Rowett that I'll be attending today.

My last match was that crazy 3-3 vs Bristol City where we came back from 3-0 down at half time and we were still rubbish.

I doubt we'll see a repeat today of that kind of football.

Hopefully a decent crowd that doesn't carry the usual "Derby whine" whenever we're on an indifferent run. 

I want us to defend well, look forward when we've got the ball and not be afraid to have a dig from 20 yards. Keep it away from our third, win it and play it forward and wide quickly in the middle and play in the final third.

No idea on team news, interested to see Nugent, Vydra and Lawrence.

Up the Rams! Always good to get one over the Blue Noses.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

For me i wouldn't change too much for today with Wisdom maybe starting instead of Baird 

its away where we need to alter and although it would mean sacrificing Vydra I'd like us to more robust/solid through the middle

I'm not a Russell fan but his workrate is good and would just get the nod ahead of weimann away from home and also i think Shackell is still decent at this level as Davies has for me been a bit hit and miss....just a thought

Team for today :

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies  Ollson

Huddlestone   Johnson

Lawrence   Vydra      Weimann

Nugent

Away Team:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Ledley  Huddlestone

Johnson

Lawrence       Winnall        Russell     

I would go with your team today other than Ledley in the centre with Hudders and Johnson on the left instead of Weimann....

Given we won our last home game 5-0 I would think an unchanged team again.. Ledley maybe brought in for the next way game.

Only change I would think about maybe is Fozzy for Olsson but depends on how Fozzy is looking in training.I dont know why Anya is on the naughty step, must be worth a place on the bench.    

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think perhaps letting players know its not a case of one mistake and you're out might breed a bit more confidence and adventure.

To my mind,it's not so much that the players,failed,just the management I.e the selection players in the team that started and not being directed in a fashion that made the players understand their role or that the players were unsuited to that role.

Going today,so hoping it's a better display....I don't mind us losing so much,if I'm entertained and can see a pattern of play developing.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To my mind,it's not so much that the players,failed,just the management I.e the selection players in the team that started and not being directed in a fashion that made the players understand their role or that the players were unsuited to that role.

Going today,so hoping it's a better display....I don't mind us losing so much,if I'm entertained and can see a pattern of play developing.

I agree. Tactically naive in the last game. Hopefully better today. Hope it's a good game and that you all enjoy it. Can't make it today - playing.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

The 2 of Johnson and Huddlestone just doesn't work, they aren't DMs and lack energy. Needed to change that IMO.

Problem is there is zero way to change it really. Thorne and Hanson aren't fit. Guy is still building up match fitness and Bird has been deemed not quite ready. Yeah we have Ledley but he only joined a few days ago after being without a club for a while, so again not ready to start. 

Rowett cocked up massively with regards to the midfield in the summer.

Archived