Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I think Ledley will go straight into the team tomorrow. I think Weimann will be the one to be dropped as Rowett shifts to a more traditional 442.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh Davies    Forsyth

Lawrence Huddlestone Ledley Johnson

Vydra   
                   Nugent

Rowett has made some comments which may well indicate this.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I think Ledley will go straight into the team tomorrow. I think Weimann will be the one to be dropped as Rowett shifts to a more traditional 442.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh Davies    Forsyth

Lawrence Huddlestone Ledley Johnson

Vydra   
                   Nugent

I think if your opting to play Johnson on the left you have to play olsson behind him. Olsson has performed better this season than Forsyth, is better in possesion so will help offset Johnson and is better at overlapping (on this seasons evidence) which will be necessary with Johnson at left mid.

On 21/09/2017 at 12:00, Saul Pimpson said:

A 4-4-2 with this squad could just be Ferguson's 98/99 system with worse but older players

Lawrence for Beckham, Tom or George for Keane, BJ for Scholes, Ledley for Butt, Nuge for Yorke, Martin for Cole

Lucky Scholes...

On 21/09/2017 at 12:00, Saul Pimpson said:

A 4-4-2 with this squad could just be Ferguson's 98/99 system with worse but older players

Lawrence for Beckham, Tom or George for Keane, BJ for Scholes, Ledley for Butt, Nuge for Yorke, Martin for Cole

Is this serious? 

I see no comparison with any of them players mentioned. couldn't even say one of our players is a poor mans keane, scholes or giggs. They don't even play in a similar way 

Roy Keane would grab a game by the scruff of the neck go mental at people, get them going and was a hard tackler huddlestone & thorne are not this type of player when have you seen them battle & scrap?

beckham had no pace never needed it but he never ran at or beat a defender. He was however the best crosser of the ball ever. Tom lawrence runs at defenders & doesnt ping pin point 40 yard crosses.  

Paul Scholes was one of the greatest players of his generation. Played pinpoint passes, had great positional awareness and was said to be the best by the likes of Zidane & Pirlo. BJ cant pass the ball. The only similarity between Johnson & scholes is they both cant tackle & thats where the similarity ends

have you even seen andy cole play football? 

That united side was probably the best team in the last 30 years every player complimented each others game. Scholes going forward, keane holding back, giggs on one wing running & beckham on the other playing direct crosses, stam bossing the defence, yorke & cole telepathic partnership with ole & teddy on the bench & the best goalkeeper in the world. All completely complimented each other. Our side looks like a miss mash of all sorts of random players of the year used to playing in different systems   

6 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Is this serious? 

I see no comparison with any of them players mentioned. couldn't even say one of our players is a poor mans keane, scholes or giggs. They don't even play in a similar way 

Roy Keane would grab a game by the scruff of the neck go mental at people, get them going and was a hard tackler huddlestone & thorne are not this type of player when have you seen them battle & scrap?

beckham had no pace never needed it but he never ran at or beat a defender. He was however the best crosser of the ball ever. Tom lawrence runs at defenders & doesnt ping pin point 40 yard crosses.  

Paul Scholes was one of the greatest players of his generation. Played pinpoint passes, had great positional awareness and was said to be the best by the likes of Zidane & Pirlo. BJ cant pass the ball. The only similarity between Johnson & scholes is they both cant tackle & thats where the similarity ends

That united side was probably the best team in the last 30 years every player complimented each others game. Scholes going forward, keane holding back, giggs on one wing running & beckham on the other playing direct crosses, stam bossing the defence, yorke & cole telepathic partnership with ole & teddy on the bench & the best goalkeeper in the world. All completely complimented each other. Our side looks like a miss mash of all sorts of random players of the year used to playing in different systems   

No it wasn't serious ? it was a sarcastic response to the comment that i was replying to!

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think if your opting to play Johnson on the left you have to play olsson behind him. Olsson has performed better this season than Forsyth...

Nope, not having this. Olsson is a dreadful fullback, it's like playing with part of the defence missing! Fozzie might still be getting back to match fitness and not quite there going forward but he's miles better as a defender even so.

22 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Is this serious? 

You've totally convinced me @G-Ram - derby are nowhere near as good as that team... wtf is @Saul Pimpson on?!?!

No we're more like the 2004 Chelsea team, Ledley for Makelele, Hudds for Lampard, Russell for Joe Cole, BJ for Scholes (he likes it), Nuge for Drogba...

Just now, Parsnip said:

You've totally convinced me @G-Ram - derby are nowhere near as good as that team... wtf is @Saul Pimpson on?!?!

No we're more like the 2004 Chelsea team, Ledley for Makelele, Hudds for Lampard, Russell for Joe Cole, BJ for Scholes (he likes it), Nuge for Drogba...

?? to be fair i didnt read the full thread, just saw that & thought ridiculous you never know on this forum witn some of the suggestions that fly about 

I have a bad feeling...

We played Birmingham on our wedding day...lost 3-0

We played Birmingham on MrRams 50th Birthday...lost 0-3 even my brill rendition of Mr Brightside that night in Jorrocks couldn't lift our mood..

Tomorrow, it'll be 25 years since me and MrRam met. 

Who's the Jonah? Hmm

7 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I have a bad feeling...

We played Birmingham on MrRams 50th Birthday...lost 0-3 even my brill rendition of Mr Brightside that night in Jorrocks couldn't lift our mood..

Who's the Jonah? Hmm

You'd better leave him. we need the points.

if ever there was a good time to play brum then this is it. 5yr straight defeats in the league. 6 in total. Only won once all season. Sacked manager. Team looks a mess. Only scored 3 in the last 7.

if we don't win this we'll all be down the Jorrocks.

8 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I have a bad feeling...

Who's the Jonah? Hmm

If you search hard enough, you will always find an anniversary.  Just stop looking ???

Archived