Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

If B4 has thread deleted (not closed or moved) does that mean he's touched upon some classified information that needs to be kept under wraps?

Was a mistake on his behalf, helping him out before you horrible lot troll him all night

This is probably a "you blew it at Bristol go and redeem your yourselves message". Plus we are at Angie Russell not being on the bench. I wonder whether with Bennett getting his new deal he's concentrating on those longer contract players like Bennet as the future whereas Russell is out of contract next year.

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

What do you change though? The midfield is the problem and we only two midfielders match ready for the first team. 

Could do with switching up the defence and giving Martin a go now. Agreed the midfield is a big issue tho, suppose that’s what happens when you f*** the window up!

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom, Martin, Shackell maybe even Forsyth and Russell- gotta shake it up after such an appalling performance imo. If the team stays the same it sends out the wrong message.

Shackell, Russell and Forsyth? Not sure you can justify those ones, that seems like changing for the sake of changing, particularly in Shackell's case. The main problem we have is in midfield, not those positions you were stating. Wisdom and Martin maybe, but nothing wrong with keeping faith in a team. Too much chopping and changing is rarely beneficial, and some of the changes you stated would be a change for the sake of it, the root of the problem is our central midfield.

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

This is probably a "you blew it at Bristol go and redeem your yourselves message". Plus we are at Angie Russell not being on the bench. I wonder whether with Bennett getting his new deal he's concentrating on those longer contract players like Bennet as the future whereas Russell is out of contract next year.

I wouldn't pick Angie either tbh.

5 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

My first game under Rowett that I'll be attending today.

My last match was that crazy 3-3 vs Bristol City where we came back from 3-0 down at half time and we were still rubbish.

I doubt we'll see a repeat today of that kind of football.

Hopefully a decent crowd that doesn't carry the usual "Derby whine" whenever we're on an indifferent run. 

I want us to defend well, look forward when we've got the ball and not be afraid to have a dig from 20 yards. Keep it away from our third, win it and play it forward and wide quickly in the middle and play in the final third.

No idea on team news, interested to see Nugent, Vydra and Lawrence.

Up the Rams! Always good to get one over the Blue Noses.

You are Joe Ledley and I claim my beard trimmer

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Shackell, Russell and Forsyth? Not sure you can justify those ones, that seems like changing for the sake of changing, particularly in Shackell's case. The main problem we have is in midfield, not those positions you were stating. Wisdom and Martin maybe, but nothing wrong with keeping faith in a team. Too much chopping and changing is rarely beneficial, and some of the changes you stated would be a change for the sake of it, the root of the problem is our central midfield.

Olsson and Weimann didn’t exactly sound brilliant the other day so perhaps it’s worth giving others a game imo. Davies in particular has not impressed me in any game I’ve seen this season, Shackell remains the better player tho I knew after yesterday he wasn’t playing today.

I understand the major problem is in midfield, but it’s not good for team morale if a team puts in a lacklustre performance and isn’t changed at all imo. What message does it send out to those players who were watching that game desperate for a chance?!

Clearly we don’t have the depth to make sweeping changes, and nor should we given it was one bad result- but some sort of change should be undertaken.

On 18/09/2017 at 19:23, Parsnip said:

Definitely! We bench half the team, still lose 5-0, then what? Even the normally level headed @Carl Sagan Is calling for up to 6 changes like some kind of axe wielding astroschizoid. 

Nah, give em all a kicking, or a cuddle depending on the management strategy and send em back out there.

I've always suspected that Gary Rowett reads my posts - and today's team selection proves that I think.

Archived