Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Olsson and Weimann didn’t exactly sound brilliant the other day so perhaps it’s worth giving others a game imo. Davies in particular has not impressed me in any game I’ve seen this season, Shackell remains the better player tho I knew after yesterday he wasn’t playing today.

I understand the major problem is in midfield, but it’s not good for team morale if a team puts in a lacklustre performance and isn’t changed at all imo. What message does it send out to those players who were watching that game desperate for a chance?!

Clearly we don’t have the depth to make sweeping changes, and nor should we given it was one bad result- but some sort of change should be undertaken.

Shackell is not a better player than Davies. He hasn't been at any point in his career, which is why Davies has played in the Premier League most his career, and Shackell hasn't.

The players who come on the bench hardly lit the game up either though, did they? People should play their way in, not just be dropped in because we think the alternative is s***. Nobody looks good if the team isn't doing well, everyone looks good if we're on top form, so it's hard to judge individuals from an overall shoddy team performance. 

Wouldn't have argued with one or two changes, I assumed from your initial post you were expecting a sweep of players to be taken off.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This game is turgid (I'm at the game).

How Weimann keeps getting played every week is beyond a joke!

Yep Clement got sacked for less. :mellow:

Weimann doesn't have the quality when it's required. Birmingham are pretty bad too. We seem to always want an extra touch at the wrong time. Highlight for me was Nuges shot late on at least he tested the keeper. 

Archived