Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ramma said:

How are any of the academy supposed to break through if we keep signing ageing players looking for their last payday?! Blocks their pathway to the first time. We're supposed to be on an economy drive but nothing that comes out of the club surprises me. Completely contradictory

If they're good enough they'll play. Most people wanted Elsnik to play a role this season but he's now in League Two. I'm not saying he couldn't do well here, but I'd have expected him to get a better club than Swindon.

Max Bird is 16. It would be completely unreasonable and unfair on the player to expect him to step up this season. Signing a player who is ready, on a short-term deal would be the best scenario for us. After all the money we've spent, we're a couple injuries away from relying on a 16-year-old to start in the Championship - and some will still expect top six.

Well this looks like a bit of a cluster****!

Not good, but not the end of the world- look's like a certain Callum Guy is in the right place at the right time, maybe he will take the chance when it comes and we will be glad it turned out this way.

I bet a certain man with a bald head and goatee is ****ing his sen right now

BruF4ipIEAAh1nZ.png

I saw Callum Guy play a last year for Port Vale and he's a good player! Certainly worth getting on the bench and having a few 15 mins run outs

Birmingham fan here. Back again :blink:

This good be a blessing in disguise for yourselves, believe me.

Unless you were crying our for a centre midfielder that sticks their foot and runs all day, but does very little else, you may have dodged a bullet.

I said before that he had already slipped down the pecking order, so if you want an idea of how good he is you should all pay attention to how many times he plays for us under Redknapp. He's probably 5th in the centre midfield pecking order.

No doubt you'll go back for him in January.

7 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

I saw Callum Guy play a last year for Port Vale and he's a good player! Certainly worth getting on the bench and having a few 15 mins run outs

That's good to know and I hope he takes his chance if he gets it.  My worry is that he might have to play a hell of a lot more than the odd 15 minutes, given our injury record.

3 minutes ago, SolihullBlue said:

Birmingham fan here. Back again :blink:

This good be a blessing in disguise for yourselves, believe me.

Unless you were crying our for a centre midfielder that sticks their foot and runs all day, but does very little else, you may have dodged a bullet.

I said before that he had already slipped down the pecking order, so if you want an idea of how good he is you should all pay attention to how many times he plays for us under Redknapp. He's probably 5th in the centre midfield pecking order.

No doubt you'll go back for him in January.

Nah, Mel will have changed his mind by then.. I guess he is like all players, some love, some hate.. Read this board mate we could disagree if the world was flat or not.

It is flat of course, otherwise we would fall off.. Everyone knows that, even in Brum?

That there is this amount of fuss over a player none had heard of two weeks ago shows how low how aspirations are and how desperate we are for additions to the squad. It's like we've gone in the sweet shop and couldn't afford a box of chocolates and have tried to snatch a smartie on our way out and dropped it before it reached the gob.

1 minute ago, DRBee said:

That there is this amount of fuss over a player none had heard of two weeks ago shows how low how aspirations are and how desperate we are for additions to the squad. It's like we've gone in the sweet shop and couldn't afford a box of chocolates and have tried to snatch a smartie on our way out and dropped it before it reached the gob.

I'm not sure the frustration is to do with the player, certainly mine isn't.

The frustration is to do with us chasing a midfielder in David Davis all summer, tabling a poultry last minute 1.5 million bid which is nothing in today's market.

During the time of that being rejected we send out Bryson and Butterfield. Elsnik I kind off understood, until Bryson left too 

Then, we finally sign a midfielder, anyone  would have done at that point and it turns out to be an Esteban Fuertes all over again.

Had we bid 2 million for Irvine at the start of the window we could have got him.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Failure is okay... As long as we tried.

Guess we ticked all the boxes then..

That might be the problem. We should only have ticked one.

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm not sure the frustration is to do with the player, certainly mine isn't.

The frustration is to do with us chasing a midfielder in David Davis all summer, tabling a poultry last minute 1.5 million bid which is nothing in today's market.

During the time of that being rejected we send out Bryson and Butterfield. Elsnik I kind off understood, until Bryson left too 

Then, we finally sign a midfielder, anyone  would have done at that point and it turns out to be an Esteban Fuertes all over again.

Had we bid 2 million for Irvine at the start of the window we could have got him.

Annoying that we put all our chicken eggs in one basket

Archived