Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It's moments like this you're more Angry than Ram? But the swap deal to get rid of Butterfield was pretty special though you gotta admit that ...sweeeeetttt

Wish you could be swapped for a fan that actually knew something about football........Swweeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Pardon?

I don't think agents are employed to teach players to read, mate. 

True, but you would think with all the bunce they get they could afford a highlighter pen.

27 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Look I often try to stay positive and that sort of thing, and I'd love to blame the EFL but this is pretty inexcusable. If you're going to wait until deadline day, you need to have 100% confidence that it can be done last minute. You allow for human error, you always have to deal with human error.

It's not Birminghams fault, or Kieftenbelds fault, or the EFLs fault. This is on us. 

I think there are several #### ups here, and many of them are Derby's for leaving it so late. But i do think that if the player has signed but in the wrong place the Efl are certainly at fault in not ratifying the deal. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

I think there are several #### ups here, and many of them are Derby's for leaving it so late. But i do think that if the player has signed but in the wrong place the Efl are certainly at fault in not ratifying the deal. 

No. The paperwork wasn't submitted on time.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

No. The paperwork wasn't submitted on time.

The official quote suggests we did?

"We believe sufficient transfer documentation was completed before the 11pm deadline last Thursday and appropriate supplemental forms followed a short while later, due to the player and agent being in different locations. However following clarification from the EFL, their view is that the full criteria was not met for the transfer to be accepted. Given the circumstances, we reluctantly accept the EFL’s adjudication"

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The official quote suggests we did?

"We believe sufficient transfer documentation was completed before the 11pm deadline last Thursday and appropriate supplemental forms followed a short while later, due to the player and agent being in different locations. However following clarification from the EFL, their view is that the full criteria was not met for the transfer to be accepted. Given the circumstances, we reluctantly accept the EFL’s adjudication"

That says completed not submitted. Maybe it was, if it was I would agree the EFL are being harsh.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

You would think that these agents that are required to negotiate contracts though would ensure that they are signed off properly surely...

His agent was probably in a different country at the time and also probably expected his client to be able to read.

Your arguments against agents grow increasingly weird. 

Just now, Hollybush said:

It comes to something when that tinpot, non league club down the road with a manager who hasn't got a clue, seem to know what they're doing !

Alfreton?

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Look I often try to stay positive and that sort of thing, and I'd love to blame the EFL but this is pretty inexcusable. If you're going to wait until deadline day, you need to have 100% confidence that it can be done last minute. You allow for human error, you always have to deal with human error.

It's not Birminghams fault, or Kieftenbelds fault, or the EFLs fault. This is on us. 

Have you watched the video of chris wilder (sheff u boss) on deadline day? Id say it would be very hard for any manager going into deadline day to be confident on any deals, based on what he had to go through. We said we didnt want to over pay all transfer window but we got too stubborn by the looks of it and ended up panic buying it would seem. Its biten us hard. Free transfer looks likely now. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

Barnsley as well. Strange why it’s taken the EFL so long.

Just glanced at half dozen pages on their forum just looking for EFL reasoning, only gleaned the Tykes seemed pretty cheesed off too; more so with Swansea though, as some believe they had their end tied up Tuesday before deadline day.

Archived