Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Then you should've removed the bit about GR knowing NOTHING about the U23's.  Like that's even possible...

I assume from that statement that whenever Wass comes round to give Rowett an update he stands there with his eyes closed and his fingers in his ears yelling "La la la - I'm not listening to you" over and over again

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

The buck stops with those at the top who had the power and influence over the deal, which was ballsed up.  

The phrase involving the words "falling on ones sword" springs to mind here.  

Falling on ones sword? So, do you think this is serious enough to cause someone to resign and, if so, who? Mel? Gary? Both? 

This has been far from an ideal sequence of events but it seems as if some are seriously overreacting 

31 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Then you should've removed the bit about GR knowing NOTHING about the U23's.  Like that's even possible...

No sorry you are right Gary  of course he knows a great deal about all the playing staff at Derby that's his job and he works hard at it but I also think he should consult Darren on a very frequent basis so he can give his expert advice on when to introduce them to the first team. 

I realise some of them train with the first team already.

The whole point is I suppose we will see more of them sooner now rather than later .

Hope that is a good thing first team results wise  

32 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

The whole situation is a complete shambles.  Why on earth leave things to the last minute? Anyway, it is the responsibility for the senior officials to make it abundantly clear where the player should sign any document, especially at such a late hour in the transfer window.  

When I needed signatures from clients I made it very clear where they needed to sign and date a document.

Ultimately, it is my belief that senior management failed abysmally in this matter.

Have you thought that he was not our prime target and we were chasing someone who at the last minute wasn't available, so we changed our attentions????? Just a thought.

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Falling on ones sword? So, do you think this is serious enough to cause someone to resign and, if so, who? Mel? Gary? Both? 

This has been far from an ideal sequence of events but it seems as if some are seriously overreacting 

Given the level of ineptitude of the entire management,(as stated by many on this forum, so it must  be true (non of whom have ever made an error in their lives,EVER)) they'd miss the sword.

15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

To be honest I do not expect or want resignations, that is way over the top, but I do expect senior management to accept ultimate responsibility for the complete foul up. This seems to be sadly lacking in this instance. 

You mean like a club statement where they state that they beleived everything had been submitted okay and then the EFL decided it hadn't?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/club-statement-maikel-kieftenbeld

On an interesting tangential thought - Why does player registration need to be completed on transfer deadline day? You can register players you sign on a free later... Could be the EFL making a fuss about it because of the Leicester thing even though it's not actually a problem?

42 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Who cares? Try being productive

Who cares? Try being productive

Yeh - People are idiots - I work on the assumption that someone is about to do something incompetent at any given point in the day and when it happens I'll have to find a solution - WAY too much stupidity by way too many people every single day to waste time trying to work out who's to blame...

Spot on. Too much time spent where I worked trying to find scapegoats, and not enough, if any, trying to ensure it didn't happen again.

Shortly before dead-line hour, hardly anybody on this forum was aware of who this guy was. Now, we'll be lucky to finish mid-table without him.

For God's sake, get a grip folks.

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

No sorry you are right Gary  of course he knows a great deal about all the playing staff at Derby that's his job and he works hard at it but I also think he should consult Darren on a very frequent basis so he can give his expert advice on when to introduce them to the first team. 

I realise some of them train with the first team already.

The whole point is I suppose we will see more of them sooner now rather than later .

Hope that is a good thing first team results wise  

What if Guy plays enough games up to January, Rowett decides that he has played well enough that we do not need a new signing, Guy plays more games and grows into the role and we miss out on promotion/playoffs but next season Guy plays a vital role on us securing a top 2 spot? Would you be satisfied in that possible scenario?

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Of course I would but I've seen Callum Guy a lot and he has potential but he was never one I thought oh wow he is going to be good. 

I accept I don't know anything like as much as Derby Managers and Guy is only 20 but how old was Hughes when he got given his chance by Nigel Clough. 

Guy has been at Derby a while and I hope he proves himself but you have to ask the question why bother trying to sign Keith at all if Guy was Gary's answer.  

Guy did ok at Port Vale and played 11 games and 0 goals in league one but he's not been put forward by Wassall or Pearson or McClaren or Powell. 

Is he injured I think he is ! 

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

The buck stops with those at the top who had the power and influence over the deal, which was ballsed up.  

The phrase involving the words "falling on ones sword" springs to mind here.  

That's definitely a penno.

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

What if Guy plays enough games up to January, Rowett decides that he has played well enough that we do not need a new signing, Guy plays more games and grows into the role and we miss out on promotion/playoffs but next season Guy plays a vital role on us securing a top 2 spot? Would you be satisfied in that possible scenario?

I've got an alternative for you - We already have at least 3/4 first team CMs and whilst a couple of them have injury issues if we can get half the games out of them this season we have enough players to not even have to use the u23s...

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Spot on. Too much time spent where I worked trying to find scapegoats, and not enough, if any, trying to ensure it didn't happen again.

Shortly before dead-line hour, hardly anybody on this forum was aware of who this guy was. Now, we'll be lucky to finish mid-table without him.

Lets hope you're as positive after the next 3 months then. 

Its easy to be positive and then disappear when things go pear shaped. 

30 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

To be honest I do not expect or want resignations, that is way over the top, but I do expect senior management to accept ultimate responsibility for the complete foul up. This seems to be sadly lacking in this instance. 

OK. So when you said "falling on ones sword" you meant it in neither the literal or business sense? 

Maybe someone in senior management has accepted responsibility but I fail to see what would be gained by Mel, Gary or anyone else issuing a public statement other than to satisfy those that seem to be constantly looking for opportunities to discredit MM or GR

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

i sort of agree with your last paragraph.  But thought we would finish mid table with him anyway. Regardless how good a passer of the ball he is or isnt he is a midfielder,  now unfortunately we only have 2 fit midfielders Huddlestone and Johnson. But now allow for suspensions and injuries and we have a calamity waiting to happen. So we have lost the midfield trio of Hughes Bryson and Butterfield and replaced them with zero .

Archived