Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed Dawes style slept on it thoughts. 

After a loss we see posts of play the kids, can’t do any worse?

Keep signing players, questions are asked where is that path to the academy?

Now we’re faced with having the kids as backup, the season is a disaster. 

That pathway doesn’t exist if you have a number of established players ahead of you.

How did Hughes and Hendrick get their chances? Needs must.

Down the A52, Burke, Osborn, Brereton, Smith coming through, how? Needs must.

So whilst this could have disaster written all over it, also a chance this is a blessing in disguise. 

Not saying everything is rosey, but we have 20 league games until the January transfer window, Guy, Bird now have that pathway in sight and not one of us can say if they will sink or swim.

Interesting times ahead. 

Play the kids. Getting a free agent in to tide us over until the next window reeks of past mistakes (were Butterfield AND Johnson really needed?). We're trying to reduce the squad size. Panicking and getting someone in just leaves us with an extra player we don't want and can't shift come January. 

Heard Elsnik is pretty decent... :pinch:

57 minutes ago, irobinson said:

According to the BBC website - we are now looking for free agents.....   Failure at its worst!!

That's exactly what Gary Rowett mentioned it in his interview. He said they would explore the possibilities of signing some free agents. It's not so obvious, he'll finally go after it.

We don't need a free signing. Perfect chance to give Elsnik a go... Wait a minute. Where is he and Gordon?

Made that point before. The squad is looking thin for the u23s as well, thread bare thin even. 

Top put all your effort on a brum reserve and fail to get him and ship out 5 players is genius.

Go on then, I'll have another post on this, why not.

I hope to the man in the clouds I never end up in court with some of our fans on the jury. I could be found guilty without even taking to the stand. 

What we're seeing in this topic is fans using this as a stick to beat their chosen one, be it Mel, Rowett, Keogh or the tea lady. Who do you want out?

Might be me being foolish but if I am to place the blame on any person(s) I would like to do so given the full facts of what led to this, the timeline of events. When was an offer made to Birmingham, did we contact them a week before and was told we must wait until they make signings, when did Warnock come calling for Bryson, was Stephen Pearce down the pub in a no signal area having a cheeky pint whilst he waited, how long did it take Keith to read the fine print before signing, did he nip to toilet?

Somewhere down the line something happened to push it 2 minutes over the deadline, this could be the fault of one person(s) or a combination agents, secretaries, managers, owners, toilet flushes over a number of events.

It's happened, will go down as a c*** up but don't think for a second the whole football world is laughing at us, we are not a laughing stock. Leicester sold Drinkwater as they were getting Silva in, Barnsley failed to get a loan signing over the line. Every single window it happens, this year it's us.

We're not the only club that has ever done a late deal on deadline day and we won't be an answer in a pub quiz for years to come.

Frustration, understandable, we are short in midfield in terms of established midfielders. We now have to deal with that the best we can, be that give our kids that pathway chance or take a look at the free agents. 

Spinning the finger of blame without the full facts in my opinion is more foolish than submitting a bunch of paperwork 2 minutes late but point away, blame Rowett, blame Mel, blame Keogh because we have an opinion and a right to express that as I just have with mine.

I blame Boycie myself.

1 minute ago, David said:

I hope to the man in the clouds I never end up in court with some of our fans on the jury. I could be found guilty without even taking to the stand. 

What we're seeing in this topic is fans using this as a stick to beat their chosen one, be it Mel, Rowett, Keogh or the tea lady. Who do you want out?

Might be me being foolish but if I am to place the blame on any person(s) I would like to do so given the full facts of what led to this, the timeline of events. When was an offer made to Birmingham, did we contact them a week before and was told we must wait until they make signings, when did Warnock come calling for Bryson, was Stephen Pearce down the pub in a no signal area having a cheeky pint whilst he waited, how long did it take Keith to read the fine print before signing, did he nip to toilet?

Somewhere down the line something happened to push it 2 minutes over the deadline, this could be the fault of one person(s) or a combination agents, secretaries, managers, owners, toilet flushes over a number of events.

It's happened, will go down as a c*** up but don't think for a second the whole football world is laughing at us, we are not a laughing stock. Leicester sold Drinkwater as they were getting Silva in, Barnsley failed to get a loan signing over the line. Every single window it happens, this year it's us.

We're not the only club that has ever done a late deal on deadline day and we won't be an answer in a pub quiz for years to come.

Frustration, understandable, we are short in midfield in terms of established midfielders. We now have to deal with that the best we can, be that give our kids that pathway chance or take a look at the free agents. 

Spinning the finger of blame without the full facts in my opinion is more foolish than submitting a bunch of paperwork 2 minutes late but point away, blame Rowett, blame Mel, blame Keogh because we have an opinion and a right to express that as I just have with mine.

I blame Boycie myself.

No amount of posts David will make this situation better .

It is a balls up  

3 minutes ago, David said:

I blame Boycie myself.

At that fans forum Rowett said he had been speaking to Warnock now I know he could have been asking him around for a wife swapping party but my 2 + 2 = Bryson. 

The truth is only they will know.

10 minutes ago, David said:

I blame Boycie myself.

Why Boycie? Was it him who dragged Stephen Pearce down the pub?

1 minute ago, David said:

63 pages in you might be right but thought I'd join the party anyway, was lonely up on the fence

Love you're optimism about Bird and Guy but IMO Elsnik was well ahead of them prior to this window .

Can someone tell me why getting rid of our entire midfield of Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield and a hopeful tryout of Elsnik a good idea and only bringing in Huddlestone. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

No amount of posts David will make this situation better .

It is a balls up  

That's not in dispute.

What is in dispute is singling individuals out for criticism when none of us know the facts.....and presumably never will.

We are where we are. Lessons must be learned (a phrase I hate but is true none the less) and hopefully we won't need to go back for him in Jan because one of our kids has cemented a place in the squad.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Love you're optimism about Bird and Guy but IMO Elsnik was well ahead of them prior to this window .

Can someone tell me why getting rid of our entire midfield of Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield and a hopeful tryout of Elsnik a good idea and only bringing in Huddlestone. 

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, who knows. 

Clearly the club thought a full season out on loan was best for Elsnik's development. The fact we tried to sign Keith says this situation wasn't intended, had he arrived Elsnik's chances of game time would be slim.

Nobody is saying any of this is ideal but it is where we are now, moan, groan or deal with it. Rowett will have no choice but to deal with it.

3 points tonight would be nice way of putting all this behind us. reckon we can agree on that? :) 

13 minutes ago, David said:

I blame Boycie myself.

it seems to be the nature of some people to try and look at what went wrong and who to blame instead of trying to come up with a useful solution to it instead - It happened - People need to move on rather than whine about it

Offer Ledley a pay-as you pay deal until January maybe - Suits him as if he plays well he can choose to stay with us or move somewhere better - Gives us the chance to get some cover in - Then get Keith on Jan 1st if he's still 'the one' - Or give some of the youfs a chance - Would love to see Hanson get a proper run of games in CM - Think he's been royally screwed by our managers so far being shoved around all over the park to cover - Needs a chance to establish himself in one position and for me CM makes most sense

I remember at Uni one of my lecturers used to talk about a belief in God being a reassurance to people that things happen for a reason - Most people don't seem to be able to handle the idea that life is just random chaos happening and you just have to stumble through it - This is just a case of stuff happens, no-ones fault, no design, no point in stabbing fingers in people's faces - It just happens

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Agreed

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course it wasn't but that was never the intention was it.

Archived